|Preceded by||Sands Of Souls|
|Followed by||Augury Rock*|
Any character can simply walk into the outpost from Diviner's Ascent and start the mission.
- Return Crystal Shard 1 to the Ghostly Hero.
- Return Crystal Shard 2 to the Ghostly Hero.
- Return Crystal Shard 3 to the Ghostly Hero.
- *BONUS* Use the Crystal Shards to awaken the three Ritual Priests of Elona.
This mission is split into two parts. The first part is to take the first Crystal Shard from the Ghostly Priest to the Ghostly Hero ( on the article map). He can be found northwest of the starting location. In the valley, beware of the large Minotaur patrol and the Dune Burrowers.
Watch out for the Splinter Mines spread throughout the mission. When any party member triggers it, a ward briefly appears and after a few seconds, it causes crippled and bleeding to anyone within the area. The mine will continue to do this unless its core is removed by touching it. The core becomes a bundle and the mine will no longer activate once picked up (although it will finish its current cycle, often inflicting those conditions to the player who picked up the bundle unless they move away fast). Furthermore, the core can be dropped and cause the same conditions to nearby foes after a few seconds. It has one use only.
When a player hands the Crystal Shard to the Ghostly Hero, a cinematic triggers and the second part of the mission begins. The party has now 30 minutes to find and deliver the last two Crystal Shards to the Ghostly Hero (who will now remain close to the Vision Crystal). There is plenty of time to move carefully and pull groups, even for the bonus and in Hard Mode. South of the Ghostly Hero lies two gates. These provide access to a large area home to another two crystals. It is recommended to use the more southerly gate since it avoids the potential aggro of two patrols.
There is a crystal to the east, past the bridge and two bosses. Retrieve this crystal and either: take it back to the ghostly hero, or take it to the remains of the nearby Ritual Priest as per the bonus objectives.
If the party contains more than one player, then the team can continue westward to the last crystal. If alone, the player can take the first crystal back to the ghostly hero and return. The last crystal is again located behind a random boss. Picking up the crystal will cause the spawn of an additional two groups of forgotten. Taking this crystal back to the Ghostly Hero will complete the mission.
To achieve the bonus, players must prompt the appearance of three ghosts at their gravesites ( on the article map) by using the Crystal Shards, before delivering all of them to the Ghostly Hero. These awakened ghosts will walk towards the Ghostly Hero without following the party and fight foes but their survival is not required.
- The first gravesite is east of the starting location, behind two Dune Burrowers.
- The second gravesite is behind the boulder. Use the hidden path to travel between the second and third crystal sites.
- The third gravesite is north of the western crystal, thus northwest of the courtyard.
Note that the ghosts can be awakened by any shard, although awakening the third priest before collecting the third shard is a slower route unless your party consists of atleast 2 players.
- Cripple removal to ease trouble from the Splinter Mines and Hamstring.
- Anti-caster skills to dispatch Sages faster.
- A running skill to speed up the delivery of the vision crystals.
This mission can be run by a solo character:
- Crippled counters such as "I Am Unstoppable!".
- Shadow stepping will cause you to drop the crystals (so avoid using these skills while carrying them).
- 20 Ghostly Hero
- 15 Ghostly Priest (Elona Reach)
- 24 Ritual Priest Hehmnut
- 24 Ritual Priest Kahdat
- 24 Ritual Priest Nahtem
- 22 (26) Dune Burrower
- 20 (26) Forgotten Sage
- 20 (26) Forgotten Cursebearer
- 20 (26) Forgotten Illusionist
- 20 (26) Forgotten Arcanist
- 20 (26) Minotaur
- 24 (30) Wissper Inssani → Word of Healing
- 24 (30) Uussh Visshta → Order of the Vampire
- 24 (30) Tiss Danssir → Mantra of Recovery
- 24 (30) Vassa Ssiss → Ether Renewal
- Ghostly Priest: "My master searches for the three shards of the Vision Crystal. If you bring them to him, he can complete the ritual that will fuse them back together."
- Ghostly Priest: "But be warned: The Forgotten hold two of the three pieces. They have set traps to keep us from getting them."
- Ghostly Priest: "Here is the first piece. Take it to my master, and he will begin the fusion ritual."
When bringing a vision crystal shard to Priest Kahdat's Bones:
- Ritual Priest Kahdat: "In our failing we learned the error of our ways."
- Ritual Priest Kahdat: "I will help our great hero complete his ritual. Thank you for this second chance."
When bringing a splinter mine core to the Ghostly Hero:
- Ghostly Hero: "Do not trifle with me, child. Bring me the Vision Crystal Shards, not these Forgotten trinkets."
When giving the first vision crystal shard to the Ghostly Hero:
- Ghostly Hero: "I am grateful. You have brought me the first shard. Now I can begin the incantation to fuse together the Vision Crystal."
- Ghostly Hero: "And so begins the test of the Elonians. This was where my people failed to Ascend."
- Ghostly Hero: "When assembled, the Vision Crystal can focus the gaze of the gods and deliver to you the Ascension that you seek."
- Ghostly Hero: "You've brought me the first shard, but you must still retrieve the others."
- Ghostly Hero: "Ultimately it was greed that was our undoing."
- Ghostly Hero: "The shards of the Vision Crystal were kept in separate camps, for we did not trust each other, not even our own kin."
- Ghostly Hero: "To pass this test, you must retrieve the remaining two shards."
- Ghostly Hero: "There is one in each base."
- Ghostly Hero: "Return here with the shards, and I will cast the ritual to fuse them back together."
- Ghostly Hero: "But you must hurry. Once the ritual begins it cannot be stopped."
- Ghostly Hero: "If I do not have all three pieces, then all of this will be for naught."
When bringing a vision crystal shard to Priest Hehmnut's Bones:
- Ritual Priest Hehmnut: "It was greed and mistrust that drove my brothers and I apart."
- Ritual Priest Hehmnut: "The glory of the gods will shine upon us once more. You have seen to that."
When bringing a vision crystal shard to Priest Nahtem's Bones:
- Ritual Priest Nahtem: "Just as the crystal was in shards and scattered, so were my brothers."
- Ritual Priest Nahtem: "It destroyed us in the end. In death we can regain the glory of the gods."
When giving the second and third vision crystal shards to the Ghostly Hero:
- Ghostly Hero: "The ritual is almost complete."
- Ghostly Hero: "The Vision Crystal is complete. Your day of judgment at Augury Rock is near."
- Ghostly Hero: "The gaze of the gods shall be focused upon you, and your path will be made clear."
- Complete exploration during this mission contributes approximately 0.2% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Elona Reach.|