|Preceded by||Dunes of Despair,|
and Thirsty River
|Followed by||The Dragon's Lair|
The Hero's Journey
The Hero's Challenge
The Warrior's Path
The Ranger's Path
The Monk's Path
The Necromancer's Path
The Mesmer's Path
The Elementalist's Path
This is the area in the Mesa you access during the mission Augury Rock. To get here, talk to Great Ritual Priest Zahmut. Here you can find your Doppelganger and the key to ascend. This is a solo-mission. To access the Mesa, you have to light the three runes representing the ascension trials by walking onto them after stepping on the circle (which enchants you with Divine Fire).
Any character can simply walk into the outpost from Prophet's Path or Skyward Reach and talk to Great Ritual Priest Zahmut to start the mission. Completing Dunes of Despair, Thirsty River, or Elona Reach also brings the party here.
- Although it is possible to enter the mission without completing Dunes of Despair, Thirsty River, or Elona Reach, you do need to complete these to activate the ascension glyphs, which is necessary to complete Augury Rock.
- Defeat your Doppelganger.
- *BONUS* Defeat the Doppelganger in under 10 minutes. (In Normal mode.)
- *BONUS* Defeat the Doppelganger in under 2 minutes. (In Hard mode.)
50,000 1 XP
- 1 Only for first time character ascension.
- See also: Augury Rock/Guide for a detailed walkthrough
Your only objective is to defeat the Doppelganger; you meet the bonus objective by killing it within 10 minutes (2 minutes on Hard mode).
To reach your opponent's location, speak to Great Ritual Priest Zahmut, who will take you to the area with the ghosts you met during the previous three missions. Walk past them and step on each of the three stones marked with ascension runes (the order does not matter). After a brief cinematic (showing the rock break open), you will be face to face with the doppel.
- 20 (30) Doppelganger
- "Reach out and take hold of your destiny."
- "Your ascendance is now complete."
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Augury Rock.|
- This mission is one of the few missions a player can walk out of. By standing on the teleporter in the beginning, players are teleported back to the Augury Rock outpost.
- Consumables, such as Candy Apples, can be used during the fight; however, summoning stones cannot.
- The mission area includes several landmarks: The Divine Fire shrine holding the assembled Vision Crystal, the three ascension runes, and the Mesa.
- After completing this mission, your character will be taken to The Dragon's Lair.
- None of the walls in the mesa block line of sight; projectiles will travel through them.
- If you and the Doppelganger both die, you will get credit for the mission.
- If you die first, you will get credit for the mission but may not trigger the cutscene or move on to The Dragon's Lair.
- If the doppelganger dies first, you will be resurrected for the cinematic, and will move on normally).
- If you disconnect during the mission, you will not get credit (and will find yourself in either the Dragon's Lair or Augury Rock outposts).