The Necromancer's Path
|The Necromancer's Path|
|Section||Crystal Desert Quests|
|Given by|| Zratha Kor |
in Heroes' Audience
|Preceded by||Augury Rock|
(Click to enlarge)
Upon completion of this quest, you'll be allowed to become a secondary Necromancer.
- Not being primary or secondary Necromancer.
- Did not complete Augury Rock for the first time as a secondary Necromancer.
- Go to the Prophet's Path and slay the Sacred Griffon of Amnoon.
- Return to Zratha Kor for your reward.
- 1,000 Experience
- Necromancer available for secondary profession.
It is much quicker to leave from Augury Rock to complete this quest.
Head west from Augury Rock, veering south. You will encounter some Rockshot Devourers, some Scarabs, and a small handful of Minotaurs along the way. Take the groups one at a time, and you should not have too much trouble. The Devourers will probably lay a few traps down before you can engage them, so you should be prepared to deal with conditions like blindness and burning.
Continue heading southeast. You will encounter more Devourers and Scarabs. Kepkhet Marrowfeast will also be there, along with a rather large group of Scarabs. Avoid them and continue southeast. The Sacred Griffon of Amnoon will be surrounded by a small group of Desert Griffons. Kill the Sacred Griffon first as it is a Monk, followed by the Desert Griffons. Return to Zratha Kor for your reward.
- 21 (26) Desert Griffon (Four of them appear with the Sacred Griffon of Amnoon)
- 25 (30) Sacred Griffon of Amnoon
- Zratha Kor
- "Tell me, have you ever felt the call of Grenth within your heart? The ignorant view necromancy and our cold god as tainted by evil. It is nothing of the sort. Grenth invites you to cast aside all the illusions of this world and judge things truly as they are.
- It is not too late for you to take this path, <character name>. Go into the Prophet's Path and slay the Sacred Griffon of Amnoon, a creature once worshiped by the people of the desert. This will show me that you are not deceived by the gilded trappings of false sanctity that beguile so many."
- Accept: "I'll slay the beast."
- Decline: "You disgust me!"
- Ask: "Having second thoughts? Concerned that it may be sacrilegious to strike down this so-called Sacred Griffon of Amnoon?[verification requested] This is how the mortal powers seek to usurp your will and make you shirk from what must be done. Grenth is the ultimate judge of what is right and wrong, and through me, he has decided to test your will.
Go now. You will find the beast in the region known as Prophet's Path."
- Zratha Kor
- "When I heard the death-cry of the Sacred Griffon, I felt a chill. You have done well, <character name>. Grenth spoke truly when he told me you held within your heart the potential to be a Necromancer."
- You can kill some minotaurs on your way to the Sacred Griffon of Amnoon, which helps you complete the quest Ghostly Vengeance.
- This quest is one of the two Prophecies quests a Prophecies character cannot start if your primary or secondary profession was Necromancer at the time of completing Augury Rock.