The Hero's Challenge
|The Hero's Challenge|
|Section||Southern Shiverpeaks Quests|
|Given by|| Vanyi |
in Droknar's Forge
|Preceded by||Augury Rock|
(Click to enlarge)
- Tyrian (Prophecies) character
- Must have changed secondary profession at least once to a Core profession (see Notes), either
- via a profession changer and a manual change via the Skills and Attributes Panel to first the original secondary profession and then the newly acquired one again, or
- by completing one of the following "<Profession>'s Path" quests:
- Enter the Frozen Forest from Iron Mines of Moladune.1
- Follow Sanyi through the mountains.
- Defeat Sanyi the Soul Eater.
- Return to Vanyi for your reward.
Enter the Frozen Forest either from Iron Mines of Moladune or Copperhammer Mines and meet Sanyi who will be standing in front of Cooperhammer Mines outpost. Follow her while killing Mragga Spawns and finally defeat her. Return to Vanyi.
- 20 (20) Sanyi
- 22 (26) Mragga Spawn
- Your aura is radiant. Aided by the spirits of the desert, you can learn any profession, master any skill, but there yet remain untapped reserves of power within you.
- Take my advice, <Character name>, go to the Frozen Forest from the Iron Mines of Moladune, and seek out my sister Sanyi. She will help you unleash this hidden power.
- Accept: "I will find your sister."
- Decline: "I am powerful enough."
- Ask: "I hope you appreciate the insights I have shared with you. If you would further improve your attributes, seek out my sister Sanyi. You will find her in the Frozen Forest, very near the Iron Mines of Moladune. She will show you what power you hold inside."
Upon reaching Sanyi:
- Sanyi: "Vanyi always chooses such curious disciples. Let's see if you are as powerful as she thinks. Follow me!"
While walking to destination:
- Sanyi: "Come on now, I'll walk slowly for you."
- Sanyi: "The creatures here know better than to harm me, but you may have to fight."
- Sanyi: "Come now. Try and keep up."
- Sanyi: "If you would kill the enemy more quickly, I would not be forced to wait for you."
- Sanyi: "Hurry. Come this way."
- Sanyi: "Don't give up now. We're getting close."
- Sanyi: "I hope that was not too difficult."
- Sanyi: "I know it must seem odd that I would lead you through so much danger, but I had to see your power for myself."
- Sanyi: "I have lived in these mountains many, many years. Survived dangers you can scarcely imagine."
- Sanyi: "To do this, I have relied on surrounding myself with powerful people."
- Sanyi: "Gather round [sic] and we shall share in each other's strength..."
- "...after I swallow your soul!"
- Stay your hand, <Character name>! Allow me to explain: My father was the famed Agostin of Ascalon's Chosen. Many years ago, he brought us to the mountains to leave behind the strife of guild warfare. But one day we were set upon by that demon, Mragga. It consumed my father and cast a spell on me, binding me to its will. For most of my life, I have been its prisoner, forced to lead the unsuspecting to their doom.
- It always wanted me to seek out the most powerful, for it drew its strength from those it absorbed. But you are a true hero... You were too powerful for the demon, and now I am free. I shall forever be in your debt.
- Despite the quest objective, it is possible to complete the quest by starting from Copperhammer Mines, which is closer to Sanyi.
- It is not necessary to change secondary profession as long as any of the "<Profession>'s Path" quests have been completed. Alternatively, if the secondary profession was changed via a profession changer, it must be changed back again via the Skills and Attributes Panel and then one more time back to the newly acquired secondary profession.