The Mesmer's Path
|The Mesmer's Path|
|Section||Crystal Desert Quests|
|Given by||Eulenias |
in Destiny's Gorge
|Preceded by||Augury Rock|
(Click to enlarge)
- Not being primary or secondary Mesmer.
- Did not complete Augury Rock for the first time as a secondary Mesmer.
- Go through Skyward Reach to Diviner's Ascent.
- Slay all three tempest drakes in a single battle.
- [0...3]/3 tempest drakes slain.
- Return to Eulenias for your reward.
- 1,000 Experience
- Mesmer available for secondary profession
This is easiest to accomplish leaving Elona Reach. Hug the south wall, moving to the teleporters, and continue eastward, hugging the north wall to where it makes a sharp northward turn, then straight out to the end of the area. The Tempest Drakes are immediately north of this position, and will not separate from their mob. Area of effect skills and some hit and run tactics will easily defeat all three very quickly. After the going through teleporter, if you do not hug the north wall, there is a good chance that you will aggro the Sand Wurm which dwells in the middle of this explorable area.
- 25 (30) Tempest Drake (3 of them)
- "Those who are not Mesmers think our abilities lack substance. In a way they are right, because those who follow the inspiration of Lyssa know that the mind is far more powerful than the mere matter.
- Perhaps you would care to join us? If so you must learn to steady your mind. As a first test, travel through Skyward Reach to Diviner's Ascent and slay three of the legendary tempest drakes. Maintaining your focus in this battle will show whether or not you have the temperament to be a Mesmer."
- Accept: "I do not doubt my abilities."
- Decline: "I'm not interested."
- Ask: "If you cannot even remember the task I gave you, it seems dubious that you have the mental acumen to be a Mesmer. For the last time, travel through Skyward Reach to Diviner's Ascent and slay three of the legendary tempest drakes."
- "You've slain the tempest drakes? Well done. I must admit that I had my doubts about you, but it seems you may indeed have something of what is required to be a Mesmer."