The Monk's Path
|The Monk's Path|
|Section||Crystal Desert Quests|
|Given by||Nausuan |
in Seeker's Passage
|Preceded by||Augury Rock|
Route from Elona Reach outpost
Upon completion of this quest, you'll be allowed to become a secondary Monk.
- Not being primary or secondary Monk.
- Did not complete Augury Rock for the first time as a secondary Monk.
- Travel through the Salt Flats to Diviner's Ascent.
- Find the Eater of Souls and destroy it!
- Return to Nausuan for your reward.
- 1,000 Experience
- Monk available for secondary profession
Although the quest says you must go through the Salt Flats to get to Diviner's Ascent, it is easier and faster if you simply map travel to Elona Reach and then walk northeast to the quest marker. The Eater of Souls will appear in the distance. As the player approaches; however, it will soon disappear and a swarm of Jade Scarabs will take its place. After defeating a total of three waves of enemies, the Eater of Souls finally reappears to allow itself to be defeated.
There are enough foes to power one or even two minion masters.
- 20 (26) Jade Scarab
- 24 (30) Eater of Souls
- "Many wander through their lives, neither committing to be good nor choosing to be evil. <Character name>, have you considered the path of light? You could learn what it is to be a Monk, to be the bane of darkness.
- In a place called Diviner's Ascent lives a foul demon, the Eater of Souls. Destroy this monster and set free those it has imprisoned within its belly. This will be your first step on the path of light."
- "The destruction of the Eater of Souls will allow those it has consumed to finally find peace. With this act of selflessness, you have begun a journey to put behind you the darker aspects of yourself. Follow the goodness that is in your heart, and you may yet become a great monk."