|Preceded by||Riverside Province|
|Followed by||Sands Of Souls|
- Locate the Vizier and deliver the Scepter.
- Make your way to the docks on the opposite side of the island.
- *BONUS* Help the Restless Spirit find his final resting place.
- ADDED: You have been betrayed! Evennia has been taken. Meet the Vizier at the docks to make your escape.
- ADDED: Defend the Vizier while he summons a ship for your escape. Get on the boat when he is done.
- Get on the boat!
Cross the poisonous swamp with the Bone Dragons and find a gate lever - pull it once to open the gate. Continue up the hill to meet Vizier Khilbron (point A), and a cinematic will trigger. He will summon undead allies to aid the party. The party leader can talk to the Smoke Phantoms so that they follow the party, instead of running off on their own (and soon thereafter die to the White Mantle).
Escape to the eastern shore defeating the White Mantle on the way. Find the docks (point B) and the Vizier will appear again. Protect the Vizier while he summons a ship. White Mantle groups will then approach from both sides. Finish each group before the next wave comes or the party may be overwhelmed. When the boat appears, any one player boarding it will end the mission. Sending heroes or henchmen onto it will not end the mission.
The bonus requires that the party escorts a Restless Spirit to his final resting place. Although it is invulnerable to damage, the bonus can be tricky because (a) the spirit can get stuck on fixed objects or body blocked by allied spirits or minions, (b) it changes its following mechanic midway through the mission, (c) it lags behind the party, and (d) it is not necessarily affected by party-wide speed boosts.
The spirit can be found after getting past the Fire Imps, at the end of the Lightning Drake beach (point 1). Have the scepter-bearer speak to it once and it will follow the scepter around, depending on who is carrying it. Once the party reaches the lever of the fort where the Vizier awaits, make sure that the spirit follows inside (and is not lagging behind); after the Vizier takes the scepter the cinematic is triggered, the gate will be locked, and the spirit will be stuck outside (preventing completion of the bonus).
After talking to Khilbron, speak to the spirit again so that it begins following the party. Without the scepter, the spirit will usually follow the nearest player, but (as with any ally or follower), it might instead move towards the nearest player in motion (and within compass range). Keep an eye on the spirit at all times to make sure it remains close to the party.
The bonus only requires a slight detour from the docks to reach the cemetery (point 2), which can be done by hugging the cliffs. The event will not trigger until you get close to the docks. Alternatively, head for the docks first, defend the Vizier and exterminate all opponents and then lead the spirit to its resting place before getting on the boat.
- Consider anti-caster skills against the Inferno Imps who use Rodgort's Invocation.
- Be wary of Lightning Drakes spiking with Mind Shock and Lightning Orb.
- Hugging the rocks "walls" both north and west of the docks will not trigger the Vizier on the docks. Hugging the northernmost rocks will spawn the White Mantle enemies that would otherwise spawn while the Vizier performs his ritual. This allows the party to dispatch them without having to worry about protecting an NPC. When the waves from the east have stopped spawning, the waves from the south will have stopped and be standing on the pier. To avoid spawning the Vizier next to them, use a longbow or flatbow from the raised platform directly west of the docks to draw enemies away. This allows a safe pull, as well as a nicely balled up group of enemies. It's not recommended though, because Vizier sometimes spawns and gets oneshoted.
- If the party is worried that the charging waves may be overwhelming, consider clearing the areas south and east of the docks first. Just out of sight north of the beach in the east is a narrow pathway, at the end of which is the location of all the foes that will charge the docks. The path is a great bottleneck for skills such as Panic, and Psychic Instability. The foes that charge the docks from the south side are not already present on the map and must be cleared once spawned.[verification requested] This will greatly reduce pressure and the party can focus on clearing only waves from the south.
- Anti-caster skills to counter White Mantle Savant's Searing Heat and Ward Against Elements, as well as most other enemies encountered during this mission.
- 10 (20) Restless Spirit
- 18 (20) Smoke Phantom
- 11 (20) Grasping Ghoul
- 18 (25) Lightning Drake
- 20 (26) Hill Giant
- 18 (25) White Mantle Justiciar
- 16 (24) White Mantle Knight
- 16 (25) White Mantle Scout
- 16 (25) White Mantle Seeker
- 18 (25) White Mantle Abbot
- 16 (25) White Mantle Ritualist
- 16 (25) White Mantle Savant
- 13 (24) Inferno Imp
- 17 (25) Smoke Phantom
- 21 (29) Zaim Grimeclaw
- 21 (29) Lamaan Wickedwail
- 21 (29) Fareed the Unworthy
- 21 (29) Bone Dragon
- 21 (29) Fariq Earthturner
- 21 (29) Ghazal the Corrupter
- Evennia: "Head south to the old monastery. You'll find Vizier Khilbron up there."
- Evennia: "Something isn't right here."
When talking to the Restless Spirit the first time.
- Restless Spirit: "I will follow the Scepter."
When talking to the Restless Spirit again.
- Restless Spirit: "Take me to the Vizier."
When talking to Vizier Khilbron with Scepter in your hands.
- Vizier Khilbron: "Ah, the Scepter of Orr. Many thanks."
When talking to Vizier Khilbron without Scepter.
- Vizier Khilbron: "Where is the Scepter of Orr?"
- Vizier Khilbron: "A sight for sore eyes, one of the greatest treasures of my now-ruined home."
- Vizier Khilbron: "But while being reunited with the Scepter of Orr should be a cause for celebration, the events of today have saddened my heart."
- Vizier Khilbron: "There is a traitor in your midst, one of the Shining Blade's own Inner Council."
- <Party Leader>: "What? Who?"
- Vizier Khilbron: "I believe you know him by the name Markis."
- Vizier Khilbron: "He masquerades as your friend and confidant, but he is instead a White Mantle infiltrator."
- <Party Leader>: "So he's the reason the Mantle knew about the Henge of Denravi."
- Vizier Khilbron: "Yes, and he has sold you out again."
- Vizier Khilbron: "There are White Mantle all over this island. They come now for the Scepter as we speak."
- <Party Leader>: "We must get to the dock and warn Evennia."
- Vizier Khilbron: "I'm afraid our tale grows darker still."
- Vizier Khilbron: "The Mantle have already stormed her ship. It lies broken at the bottom of the harbor. Our friend Evennia has already been taken prisoner."
- <Party Leader>: "Evennia's been taken?"
- <Party Leader>: "That also means we're trapped here. That boat was our only way off Sanctum Cay."
- Vizier Khilbron: "Do not lose hope yet, my friend."
- Vizier Khilbron: "I can summon from the deep a ship that can carry us from this place."
- Vizier Khilbron: "Make for the beach. Meet me at the dock, and I will perform the necessary ritual."
- <Party Leader>: "There must be half of the White Mantle army between us and the beach!"
- Vizier Khilbron: "Then you will need some help."
- Vizier Khilbron: "Do not fear the walking dead. Through the Scepter they obey my commands."
- Vizier Khilbron: "Hurry now, we haven't much time."
- Vizier Khilbron: "You have taken a tremendous risk to deliver this artifact."
- Vizier Khilbron: "Now I shall return the favor."
- Vizier Khilbron: "Fear not the walking dead. They are our allies."
When talking to the Restless Spirit the first time.
- Restless Spirit: "My spirit has been restless but the Vizier has enabled me to rest."
- Restless Spirit: "Please take me to the grave of my family so I can finally find peace."
When talking to the Restless Spirit again.
- Restless Spirit: "So many years of pain..."
When Vizier Khilbron appears the first time.
- Vizier Khilbron: "There are far too many Mantle here for this to be a coincidence. I fear we've been set up."
When Vizier Khilbron appears the second time.
- Vizier Khilbron: "It is as I feared. Councilor Markis must be the one who set us up. You will not be safe if you try to return to the mainland."
When Vizier Khilbron appears the third time.
- Vizier Khilbron: "Our only chance is to make for the coast of the Crystal Desert. To the dock!"
After leading the Restless Spirit to his grave.
- Restless Spirit: "Thank you friend."
- Restless Spirit: "I can finally rest in peace."
When reaching the dock.
- Vizier Khilbron: "This ritual takes my full concentration. Keep the White Mantle off my back, and we will make it out of here safely."
When Vizier Khilbron finishes the ritual.
- Vizier Khilbron: "Hurry! On to the boat! We must make our escape!"
- Vizier Khilbron: "On the boat. Hurry. We must make our escape."
Later, on the boat.
- Vizier Khilbron: "Councilor Markis has sold you out. The mainland is no longer safe for you."
- <Party Leader>: "We must get back to Denravi and warn the others!"
- Vizier Khilbron: "I'm afraid it's too late for that."
- Vizier Khilbron: "The Shining Blade have already been broken over the knee of the White Mantle."
- Vizier Khilbron: "By now, those who are not already dead are fleeing into the Shiverpeaks."
- <Party Leader>: "Then we go to the Shiverpeaks."
- Vizier Khilbron: "A noble gesture, but throwing your lives away against a foe who you cannot beat will not help your friends."
- <Party Leader>: "Then the White Mantle have won. All is lost."
- Vizier Khilbron: "Do not be so sure. There is still a way to beat the White Mantle."
- Vizier Khilbron: "Venture to the Crystal Desert and Ascend. Only then will you be powerful enough to take on the rest of the White Mantle and their unseen gods."
- <Party Leader>: "What must we do?"
- Vizier Khilbron: "Find the prophet, and claim the gift of True Sight."
- <Party Leader>: "What?"
- Vizier Khilbron: "That's right. You are all Chosen."
- Vizier Khilbron: "And now you must venture through the desert. Prove yourselves worthy and claim your birthright."
- Vizier Khilbron: "Then you will take this fight to them."
- Vizier Khilbron: "Prepare yourselves. the trials of Ascension await."
- Lever (opens the gate to the Vizier's area)
- It takes approximately 2 minutes and 20 seconds to summon the boat.
- The Restless Spirit will follow the party onto the boat if the bonus was not completed before the cinematic triggers.
- Despite the objectives and Vizier's dialogue stating that Evennia has been taken by the White Mantle, she remains in her initial spawn point for the entirety of the mission.
- Complete exploration of the mission area contributes 1.4% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- This includes a large chunk of the ocean, which is cleared by viewing the end-cinematic.
- Hug the cliffs while passing the docks to avoid summoning the Vizier, otherwise mantle will likely spawn near the docks and will instantly kill the Vizier when he appears (failing the mission).
- Alternatively, stand with the Vizier and outlast the foe spawns, without loading onto the boat when he tells you to. You may explore once there are no more waves incoming, and move onto the boat when you are ready to complete the mission.
- After completing this mission, the party will be moved to The Amnoon Oasis.
- As with all enemies spawned by triggers or skills, the group of White Mantle that approaches the docks from the south can be pulled away from the docks and when aggro is subsequently broken, these enemies will attempt to run back to the pier in a straight line. This can cause them get stuck on walls or other obstructions, splitting up the large group into smaller, more manageable groups.
- Before the January 27, 2011 update, players had difficulty completing both the bonus and mission together (especially in hard mode); while escorting the Restless Spirit to his family's tomb it was very easy to trigger the White Mantle's final assault. This would result in mission failure when the Vizier spawned right in the middle of White Mantle troops gathered there when players approached the docks, and quickly getting killed by them.