- This article is about the Monster skill. For the temporarily available Bonus Mission Pack skill, see Spectral Agony (Saul D'Alessio).
- Concise description
Skill. (5 seconds.) Target foe has -1...30 Health degeneration; moves, attacks, and uses skills 80% slower; and loses 3...81 Health each second.
This potent skill is the Mursaat's greatest weapon. It can easily kill unprotected targets. Mursaat use this skill as often as its recharge time allows. It causes fixed damage, regardless of the level of the user.
- Infusion (see below) is the best way to reduce the effects of Spectral Agony.
- Jade constructs do not activate Spectral Agony directly. Instead, the effect is automatically applied whenever they deal damage to a target.
- Any health loss caused by the skill counts as damage and triggers relevant enchantments, weapon spells, and other effects.
- Skills such as Spirit Bond, Seed of Life, and Protective Spirit are especially useful with party members that are not infused.
- The health loss effect persists through resurrection.
The primary defense against Spectral Agony is infusion, which can be applied to any piece of armor by the Ancient Seer in various Prophecies missions and one explorable area. Each piece of infused armor reduces the impact of Spectral Agony.
Infused armor pieces 0 1 2 3 4 5 Health degeneration1 30 13 9 7 5 3 Damage per second 81 42 29 22 16 9 Total health loss2 505 310 235 180 130 75 Slow effect 80% 33% 23% 18% 12% 7%
- The game caps health degeneration at -10; any degeneration beyond -10 hinders health regeneration, but does not result in additional loss of health.
- Total health loss caused by the direct effects of Spectral Agony.
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Spectral Agony.|
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Agony.|