|Number of skills||37|
|Subtype|| Lead attack|
Dual attacks strike two times during their use, applying skill effects each time, and rolling independently for each strike.
Assassin attack chains
Off-hand attack skills will fail unless preceded with the successful strike of a lead attack. Similarly, dual attack skills will fail unless preceded with a successful off-hand attack. When a skill fails in this way, it uses up the energy cost of activation, but does not cause the skill to recharge, and causes the next attack to not hit. This combination of lead attacks, followed by an off-hand attack, and finishing with a dual attack is referred to as an attack chain.
- Failed dual attacks still cause two attacks, but both will not hit.
- If you wish to hit with two non-lead attacks, you must re-complete the chain for each desired attack.
- Some attack skills are exceptions to the general chain rules, and have alternate requirements for successful activation.
- When a lead, off-hand or dual attack has successfully hit a target, that target's target display health bar will display an icon corresponding to the lead, off-hand or dual attack, and is only visible to the player that initiated the attack chain on that target.
- This makes assassins particularly vulnerable to skill interrupts and disabling recharge time additives. For example, if all of your lead attacks are un-usable, you won't be able to execute most off-hand and dual attacks.
List of attack skills
- See Assassin attack chaining for a table of dagger attacks arranged by subtypes.
- See also: Daggers#Notes
- Blades of Steel[[de:]]