From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for a Zaishen vanquish quest.
Ice Caves of Sorrow
- 10 Cember Goreaxe (collector of 5 Frigid Hearts)
- 10 Hoknil the Greater (collector of 7 Huge Jawbones)
- 10 Volsung Stoneketil (collector of 5 Feathered Avicara Scalps)
- 20 Crafter Magnor (artisan)
Dwarves (Stone Summit)
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Carver
- 10 (24) Stone Summit Crusher
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Gnasher
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Heretic
Elementals (Stone Summit)
- 24 (26) Tundra Giant
- 22 (26) Grawl
- 24 (26) Mighty Grawl → (The Ice Breaker)
- 24 (26) Barbed Grawl → (Frozen Fan)
- 22 (26) Grawl Crone
- 24 (26) Blessed Griffon
- 22 (26) Ice Imp
- 22 (26) Azure Shadow
- 24 (26) Avicara Brave
- 24 (26) Avicara Fierce
- 24 (26) Avicara Ardent
- 24 (26) Avicara Guile
- 24 (26) Avicara Wise
- 24 (26) Mountain Troll
- 28 (30) Jono Yawpyawl → "Victory is Mine!"
- 28 (30) Kekona Pippip → Poison Arrow
- 28 (30) Kaia Wupwup → Unyielding Aura
- 28 (30) Allobo Dimdim → Plague Signet
- 28 (30) Edibbo Kepkep → Glimmering Mark
- 28 (30) Frostbite → Signet of Judgment
- 28 (30) Nighh SpineChill → Spiteful Spirit
- 28 (30) Seear Windlash → Illusionary Weaponry
- 28 (30) Brrrr Windburn → Mist Form
- These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 2% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 395 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 375 to 420.
- There are hidden Azure Shadows in the northwestern corner of the map.
- Two groups of Tundra Giants are easy to miss. Both patrol a long route using the mountain top path on the westernmost side of the map - one patrols clockwise, the other counter-clockwise.
- A roaming group of Avicara may also lengthen your vanquish, they range over an area south and east of the nametag on the map.
- Low-level creatures usually encountered in the Northern Shiverpeaks can be found wandering about various places in solitude. They have no special abilities that distinguish them from other low-level monsters, and do not appear to have any purpose or relation to any quest. In hard mode, their levels and skills are adjusted to a degree appropriate for the area, but they are still alone.
- The "troll cave" can be found to the west of Droknar's Forge, which contains many Mountain Trolls and two Troll bosses. It was once a popular spot for farming.
- It is possible to reach the edge of the map in the eastern Talus Chute. The terrain abruptly ends, with the sky and ocean visible beyond it. This "edge of the world" bug is an artifact of the way DirectX renders the world. It exists in all areas, but most have obstructions to prevent players from seeing it.
- Talus is a word meaning rocky debris at the base of hills, cliffs, or valleys.