Defend Droknar's Forge
|Defend Droknar's Forge|
|Section||Southern Shiverpeaks Quests|
|Given by|| Vision of Glint |
in Droknar's Forge
|Preceded by||Hell's Precipice|
|Followed by|| Defend Denravi,|
Defend North Kryta Province,
and The Last Day Dawns
Route from Granite Citadel to Mineral Springs
Route to Evirso Sectus through Mineral Springs
- Find and destroy the Titan Lord Evirso Sectus and his army in Mineral Springs.
- Return to Vision of Glint for your reward.
- 20,000 Experience
This quest is straightforward in terms of where to go and what to do. However, killing titans is very difficult. Travel to Granite Citadel and take the northern exit into Tasca's Demise, where you will get your first taste of the new titans: mesmers (Titan's Malice) and monks (Titan's Heart). Head northeast to exit into Mineral Springs.
At the first fork in the road, take the right path and stay with it. It will weave and turn until you reach a resurrection shrine. Past it, you will find a narrow path in the mountain. Inside that path you will find Evirso Sectus, a necromancer boss.
You can save yourself a lot of trouble by killing titans in a certain order, since each titan death triggers additional titan spawns: Frost Titan deaths result in an Icy Brute and a Titan's Malice; Brutes spawn a Dark Titan; and Malices spawn a Titan's Heart.
- Start with the Hearts: (a) they make killing the other titans difficult and (b) their deaths do not result in more titans.
- Next, take out the Malices (and their spawns).
- Tackle any remaining Brutes and Darks.
- Although Frost Titans are powerful AoE elementalists, they should be handled last to avoid generating too many new enemies.
- 28 (30) Frost Titan
- Vision of Glint
- "Titan Lord Evirso Sectus and his army are amassing numbers out in Mineral Springs. We expect that as soon as the army is big enough they will attempt to overtake Droknar's Forge. Break through the ranks of titans to find the Lord and the rest of his underlings. Killing the Lord would put a huge dent in the titan force and convince the rest of them to retreat."
- Accept: "As a friend of the Deldrimor Dwarves, it would be my honor."
- Decline: "Find someone else to do your dirty work."
- Ask: "The Titan Lord and his army are still at large in Mineral Springs."
- Vision of Glint
- "Your efforts have put the Titan army into disarray, but there is still more work to be done. Their presence is spreading throughout Tyria, and they must be stopped!"
- You will be able to kneel and summon the avatar of Lyssa.
- The bosses in this area have Elite skills that are not regularly available in this area. Utilizing a Signet of Capture may also help with Death Penalty reduction.
- While this quest is active, the spawn locations of the Avicara bosses are fixed. In the northern path, the order of bosses from west to east will be: Hyl Thunderwing, Nhy Darkclaw, Wyt Sharpfeather. In the southern path, the order of bosses from west to east will be: Ryk Arrowwing, Syr Honorcrest, Myd Springclaw.
- To make things easier in this quest, your party can take advantage of the fact that the titans will fight anything they come across, including the Avicara. Accordingly, trying to lure the titans into range of the Avicara groups may ease the difficulty of the quest. It is recommended that the party assists the Avicara in these battles, as the titans are generally far stronger.