List of hard mode quests
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
We're introducing a new type of content with this build: quests that are only available in Hard Mode. To get things started, we've decided to revisit "The Villainy of Galrath," one of the very first quests ever added to Guild Wars. In order to accept the quest, you'll need to have completed the original version of the quest, and then speak with Firstwatch Sergio while in Hard Mode to accept the new version.
Be cautioned: Hard Mode quests are intended to be a difficult challenge to overcome, and we're just getting started with them. Be on the lookout for more of these quests to test your heroism in future updates.
A Hard Mode Quest is a challenging follow-up to a previously completed ordinary quest.
- To be offered a hard mode quest, you must first complete the original quest (although you may complete it while in hard mode, the rewards will not be affected).
- You can only complete the Hard Mode quest while in hard mode; the relevant foes (and other spawns) will not appear in normal mode.
- You do not need to be in hard mode to take the quest nor to claim its rewards.
- The same NPC offers both versions of the quest.
- You can be in either mode to claim the reward.
- In outposts, you can be in either mode to take the quest; in explorable areas, you must be in hard mode before the NPC will offer you the second version.
- You may complete the normal mode version in hard mode, but the reward is the same.
- You must complete the hard mode version in hard mode; the relevant foes will not spawn otherwise.
- These foes will still appear even if other members of your party do not have the quest or if they have the normal mode version. However, the other party members will not be able to claim the reward.
- The Villainy of Galrath (Hard mode) is not available to some characters.
- ANet says this is because completing the campaign is a prerequisite. (Source.)
- However, some players report that their characters have successfully started the quest without finishing Hell's Precipice.
- The Villainy of Galrath was the first Hard Mode Quest and was introduced in the 28 April 2011 update.
|Core • Prophecies • Factions • Nightfall • Eye of the North • Beyond|