Redemption for the Lost
|This quest has a Hard mode version — see Redemption for the Lost (Hard mode).|
|Redemption for the Lost|
|Section||Kaineng City Quests|
|Storyline||Beyond: Winds of Change|
|Given by||Lei Jeng |
in Kaineng Center
|Preceded by||A Treaty's a Treaty|
|Followed by||Redemption for the Lost (Hard mode)|
(Click to enlarge)
Protect Zenmai while she tries to convince her old friends in the Am Fah to leave the gang before the Ministry of Purity kills them.
- Meet Zenmai in Sunjiang District.
- Talk to Watari the Infinite.
- Talk to Yayoi of the Orders.
- Talk to Chow Zhong the Inferno.
- Talk to Gao Han of the Rings.
- Talk to Disciple of Shadow Feung Zhu.
- Talk to Min the Dragon's Claw.
- Defeat the Ministry of Purity forces.
- See Lei Jeng for your reward.
- 2,000 Experience
- 1,500 Gold
- Imperial Commendation
- While this quest is active, the Shiro'ken bosses in Sunjiang District do not spawn.
Start from Zin Ku Corridor and head out a short distance to meet up with Zenmai, who is having a conversation with Daisuke Crimson Edge. The Ministry of Purity will approach soon; kill them and Zenmai will join as an ally.
Your task now is to lead Zenmai to find her friends in the Am Fah. Keep an eye on her as she has a tendency to get stuck on chests and be left behind. The Ministry of Purity are hostile to Am Fah groups, so try to take advantage of this. The mobs are spaced out enough that you mostly do not need to worry about over-aggro.
Refer to the map for the shortest path to reach all of Zenmai's friends. She must get within range before the quest update will trigger. Each of her friends will turn hostile at end of a dialogue. Four of them, when defeated, will turn into allies. Of particular note is Chow Zhong the Inferno - spread out your group before his dialogue ends because he uses PBAoE skills.
After Chow Zhong, you will run into two groups of Ministry, led by the ranger and assassin bosses.
At the last point on the map, where Min the Dragon's Claw is located, the dialogue will trigger the spawning of two large groups of Ministry, led by the remaining two bosses. Right before they turn hostile, friendly Am Fah will show up. You can either let the Am Fah weaken the Ministry for you first, or just join in the fray. Once all hostiles are dead, the quest is complete.
- 20 Zenmai
Humans (Am Fah) (Initially allied, but turn hostile after dialogue.)
- 24 Daisuke Crimson Edge → Crippling Slash
- 24 Disciple of Shadow Feung Zhu → Scavenger's Focus
- 24 Yayoi of the Orders → Order of the Vampire
- 24 Gao Han of the Rings → Keystone Signet
- 24 Chow Zhong the Inferno → Star Burst
- 24 Watari the Infinite → Moebius Strike
- 24 Min the Dragon's Claw → Clamor of Souls
Humans (Am Fah)
- 24 (26) Am Fah Warrior
- 24 (26) Am Fah Ranger
- 24 (26) Am Fah Monk
- 24 (26) Am Fah Necromancer
- 24 (26) Am Fah Mesmer
- 24 (26) Am Fah Elementalist
- 24 (26) Am Fah Assassin
- 24 (26) Am Fah Ritualist
Humans (Ministry of Purity)
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Enforcer
- 24 (26) Ministry Enforcer
- 26 (28) Ministry Captain Li Wu
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Ranger
- 24 (26) Ministry Ranger
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Cleric
- 24 (26) Ministry Cleric
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Purger
- 24 (26) Ministry Purger
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Illusionist
- 24 (26) Ministry Illusionist
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Mage
- 24 (26) Ministry Mage
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Bladesman
- 24 (26) Ministry Bladesman
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Medium
- 24 (26) Ministry Medium
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Captain
- 24 (26) Ministry Captain
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Zealot
- 26 (28) Ministry Captain Kawagami
- 24 (26) Ministry Zealot
- Lei Jeng
- "Strange changes are afoot, my friend. Just a while ago, I was approached by a former Am Fah member named Zenmai. She begged me to try and delay an imminent Ministry of Purity attack on the Am Fah hiding out in Sunjiang District. She seemed to think that some of them could be convinced to leave the organization if they knew an attack was coming. I'm not sure how she got that information, but regardless, it's not something within my power to do. She ran off to Sunjiang District to try and talk them down, and I'm not sure that it's going to go well for her. Perhaps you should go and help? The Am Fah do not take kindly to deserters, and I doubt the Ministry of Purity will be able to distinguish between mo zing and Am Fah."
- On approaching Zenmai and Daisuke Crimson Edge
- Daisuke Crimson Edge: "Well if it isn't Zenmai the Oni's Talon. Oh wait, that's right, you abandoned that name when you abandoned the Am Fah, traitor! What do you want, mo zing?"
- Zenmai: "I want you to come with me, Daisuke. Leave the organization before the Ministry of Purity comes to kill you too. It's not too late."
- Daisuke Crimson Edge: "I'm not afraid of the Ministry, Zenmai! I've gotten stronger since you've left, and I've been promoted several ranks as well. The other Am Fah members respect me. I'm finally somebody, which is more than I can say for you, who serves no master."
- Zenmai: "You would serve a master who willingly spread a plague that killed thousands of people?"
- Daisuke Crimson Edge: "I... I..."
- Zenmai: "Come on! Work with me, Daisuke. We used to be partners. I'm only trying to help you and the others. They always looked up to you. Help me convince them to leave!"
- Ministry Captain Li Wu: "Look! There's some Am Fah now! And the traitors are with them! Kill them all!"
- Daisuke Crimson Edge: "Ministry of Purity! Did you lead them here, Zenmai! I thought I would hear you out, since your name is not yet poison in my mouth, but...graaah! I'm getting out of here!"
- After defeating Ministry Captain Li Wu's group
- Zenmai: "Thank you for your help there, but I'm afraid this is something I must do on my own. These people may be just gang members to you, but some of them were once my friends."
- Zenmai: "I want to try and convince them to leave before... No things have already gotten out of hand. I want to convince them, for their own sake and for the sake of their families."
- <Party leader>: "With the Ministry here, it's not going to be easy. This may be your problem, but you don't need to fight alone."
- Zenmai: "You remind me of a certain Sunspear I know. Very well, let us see if we can find any of the others who are willing to listen."
- On approaching Watari the Infinite
- Watari the Infinite: "Zenmai! Have you come here to die? Let me show you what we do to traitors!"
- Zenmai: "Watari, you used to say that you live for honor. Where is the honor in spreading the plague and attacking helpless citizens?"
- Watari the Infinite: "Sh-shut up! You don't know how things have been since you left!"
Watari turns hostile.
- Zenmai: "It's true. I don't know what your situation is now. But I do know that there is still enough honor left in you to realize what you're doing is wrong. Please come with me."
- Watari the Infinite: "Alright, Zenmai, I'll trust you. Your arguments always made more sense than Daisuke's anyway."
Watari joins you as an ally.
- On approaching Chow Zhong the Inferno
- Chow Zhong the Inferno: "If it isn't Zenmai mo zing! I've got a score to settle with you."
- Zenmai: "This isn't the time, Chow! The Ministry of Purity is coming! You need to leave the Am Fah while you still can!"
- Chow Zhong the Inferno: "The Am Fah have power. That's all that matters in this world! We're not children anymore, Zenmai. Don't think you can just order me around like you used to. Let me show you the power the Am Fah have given me."
Chow Zhong turns hostile.
After defeating Chow Zhong
- Chow Zhong the Inferno: "Dammit! It wasn't supposed to be this way..."
- Zenmai: "Chow, you stubborn fool. Perhaps we will meet again in the next life."
- On approaching Disciple of Shadow Feung Zhu
- Zenmai: "Feung! I've finally found you! Quickly, we must get out of here. You need to abandon the Am Fah before the Ministry of Purity destroys it!"
- Disciple of Shadow Feung Zhu: "Abandon them? Zenmai, do you not remember the oaths we swore when we joined this organization? We were friends once, but now I only see you as an enemy."
- Zenmai: "Then perhaps our blades should do the talking."
Feung Zhu turns hostile.
After defeating Feung Zhu
- Disciple of Shadow Feung Zhu: "I... I'm sorry, Zenmai. I wasn't strong enough to leave."
- Zenmai: "No, Feung, it was I who was not strong enough to save you."
- On approaching Gao Han of the Rings
- Gao Han of the Rings: "Oh no, oh no, oh no... The Ministry have come for us, what do I do?"
- Zenmai: "As gutless as ever, aren't you, Gao? Come on. I'm here to get you out of the Am Fah before the Ministry finds you."
- Gao Han of the Rings: "Z-Zenmai? What are you doing here? You say you're here for me? No! No! I won't go with you!"
Gao Han turns hostile.
- Zenmai: "Have you calmed down, Gao?"
- Gao Han of the Rings: "*huff huff* Yes, I think so. I'm sorry, Zenmai. They told me that you'd kill me if you ever came back. I'm so sorry."
- Zenmai: "Let's get out of here, Gao? You never belonged in the Am Fah to begin with."
Gao Han joins you as an ally.
- On approaching Yayoi of the Orders
- Zenmai: "Yayoi! You must flee the Am Fah. I'm here to get you out of here before the Ministry finds you!
- Yayoi of the Orders: "Zenmai? Is that really you? No, you have to leave! I don't want to have to kill you."
- Yayoi of the Orders: "I can't leave the Am Fah, Zenmai. The only reason I can buy medicine for my mother is because of the money I get from them."
- Zenmai: "Your mother doesn't know what you really do, does she? Would you prefer to have a Ministry official deliver your corpse to her doorstep?"
- Yayoi of the Orders: "F-fine, Zenmai. You win. I'll go with you."
Yayoi joins you as an ally.
- After having approached 5 out of 6 members.
- Zenmai: "There is one more person to convince who I'm sure is here."
- <Party Leader>: "What about that first fellow, Daisuke? Are you not going to look for him?"
- Zenmai: "Now that he thinks I betrayed him, I don't think he'll listen to us anymore."
- <Party Leader>: "Surely, if you were friends once, you could try to persuade him again."
- Zenmai: "I thought that I could convince all of them, but it seems that some of these people are no longer the friends I remember."
- Zenmai: "Hurry! The Ministry will no doubt send reinforcements soon, after all the commotion we stirred up earlier."
- On approaching Min the Dragon's Claw
- Min the Dragon's Claw: "Zenmai! You've come to save me! I knew you wouldn't forget about your old pal Min!"
- Ministry Captain Kawagami: "Ha, I knew if we strung out some bait that these fools would walk into our trap! You've done well to avoid us until now, but you won't escape this time, you plagued brigands! The future of Cantha does not need scum like you!"
- Zenmai: "An ambush! I didn't expect the reinforcements so soon. I am sorry, but this may the end of us!"
The Ministry's group turns hostile and a group of Am Fah appears.
- Daisuke Crimson Edge: "Am Fah! Attack!"
- Ministry Captain Kawagami: "More of them were lurking around? Quickly, kill them all!"
After defeating Ministry Captain Kawagami's group
- Zenmai: "Thank you, Daisuke. I knew that you would remember our friendship."
- Daisuke Crimson Edge: "Don't misunderstand, Zenmai. I came here to save Min, not you or your friends. The Ministry of Purity is our enemy as well."
- Min the Dragon's Claw: "Uh, actually, Dai...err, I mean sir, I..."
- Daisuke Crimson Edge: "If you want to leave, Min, then get out of here. I won't stop you."
- Zenmai: "Daisuke..."
- Daisuke Crimson Edge: "I'm not leaving the Am Fah, Zenmai, but I'll not pursue those who want to go. Anyone but the most loyal are just going to be dead weight in the next Ministry attack."
- Zenmai: "Very well. Thank you for allowing this much. I still believe in you, Daisuke. When you've had your fill of this, I will be waiting for you."
- Daisuke Crimson Edge: "Just get out of here...and take Min with you."
- Lei Jeng
- "You say she was able to convince some of them to defect? That is unbelievable! But then perhaps it is simply because we have fought with the Am Fah for so long that we have forgotten that they are people like ourselves. By thinking of them as a faceless group, we may be forgetting that individuals can be redeemed. Perhaps this is where the Ministry of Purity are making a mistake, but right now they have too much momentum. I will do my best to get amnesty for those who have defected. With any luck, we can also get some information that can help our officers on the streets as well. You have my thanks. Please, take this."
- For players without Guild Wars Nightfall, the Sunspear that Zenmai mentions in her opening dialogue refers to a prominent NPC in the Nightfall campaign.
- If any of the Am Fah allies recruited in this quest die in combat, their "death" will count as a morale boost, and you will be able to capture their skills. They will still self-resurrect after a period of time.