Cleansing the Sunjiang District
|Cleansing the Sunjiang District|
|Section||Kaineng City Quests|
|Storyline||Beyond: Winds of Change|
|Given by|| Initiate Zei Ri |
in Kaineng Center
|Preceded by||Cleansing the Undercity|
|Followed by|| Cleansing Pongmei Valley|
Cleansing the Sunjiang District (Hard mode)
From Zin Ku Corridor
- Defeat the Afflicted in Sunjiang District.
- See Initiate Zei Ri for your reward.
- Completing this quest changes the foes that appear in Sunjiang District; specifically, Afflicted will no longer spawn.
Start from Zin Ku Corridor and head south into the Sunjiang District. The Am Fah encountered on the way to the first quest marker do not use Winds of Change builds and so are trivial to defeat. Follow the quest markers and kill off the Afflicted groups.
While it might look like an equidistant route to approach this quest from the south, the Am Fah in Pongmei Valley do use the Winds of Change builds and so are much more difficult than the Zin Ku Corridor route.
The final group spawns very near the fourth group, namely near the Ranger's Construct boss. There's a risk of aggro before recuperating from the previous fight; consider pulling the fourth group further away from the tunnel, and then pulling the final group away from the Shiro'ken.
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Warrior
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Ranger
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Monk
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Necromancer
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Mesmer
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Elementalist
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Assassin
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Ritualist
- Initiate Zei Ri
- "This is it. The last sighting of Afflicted within Kaineng City. Until now, you have helped me fight, while the Ministry has continued the battle on other fronts. It seems that the Afflicted aren't returning. So tell me friend, how does it feel? Knowing that you're making a difference in the world? Well, I guess that's a moot question to be asking you. You must be used to that sort of thing by now!
- "The final Afflicted were seen in Sunjiang District. Will you help me send those unfortunate souls to the Mists?"
After the first encounter
- Initiate Zei Ri: "So many lives were lost to the Afflicted. Yet, no matter how large the number, it doesn't have as much impact on me as an individual loss."
After the second encounter
- Initiate Zei Ri: "My father was one of the casualties. There was a time, as a younger man, when I wished nothing more than for him to be gone. Looking back on that now..."
- Initiate Zei Ri: "He was a strict man, my father. He was impossibly hard on me at times. I always thought he resented me. Too late, I came to understand that was just his way of showing he cared for me."
After the third encounter
- Initiate Zei Ri: "Every time I face the Afflicted, some part of me fears that my father might have become one of these abominations. How would I feel if I knew, I wonder?"
- <Party leader>: "How it ends is the important part. You would know that his soul was at rest."
- Initiate Zei Ri: "This is what we've been working toward. Let's finish this."
After the final encounter
- Initiate Zei Ri: "It's hard to believe that they're finally gone from Kaineng City. I wonder if we'll receive a commendation from Minister Reiko."
- <Party leader>: "Is that who's in charge of the Ministry of Purity?"
- Initiate Zei Ri: "Ah, that's right. You haven't had the chance to meet her yet, but she is indeed in charge. I can't wait to report the good news. Let's get going!"
- Initiate Zei Ri
- "We've done it! It has been a hard-fought battle, but the city is safe now. However, our work isn't done yet: some Afflicted remain on the outskirts of the city, and there is rebuilding to be done. We must see to the injured and to the allies who fell along the way. But we shouldn't let those thoughts taint this moment. This is an important step forward. Take this. I hope that it serves as some compensation to you."