Cleansing Pongmei Valley
|Cleansing Pongmei Valley|
|Section||Kaineng City Quests|
|Storyline||Beyond: Winds of Change|
|Given by|| Initiate Zei Ri |
in Kaineng Center
|Preceded by||Cleansing the Sunjiang District|
|Followed by|| Rescue at Minister Cho's Estate|
Cleansing Pongmei Valley (Hard mode)
From Maatu Keep
- Defeat the Afflicted in Pongmei Valley.
- See Initiate Zei Ri for your reward.
- Completing this quest changes the foes that appear in Pongmei Valley, specifically, Afflicted will no longer spawn.
Leave from Boreas Seabed or Maatu Keep. Follow the quest marker to an Afflicted group with an abnormally large Afflicted warrior boss; use melee counters (such as Empathy and Soothing Images). Avoid applying conditions to the boss, as it will use its only heal. You must kill all the Afflicted there, so it pays to focus on the healers first and leave the boss until the end.
If you wait a short while after defeating the Afflicted, you will see a Ministry Captain approach and initiate a dialogue.
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Warrior
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Ranger
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Monk
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Necromancer
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Mesmer
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Elementalist
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Assassin
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Ritualist
- Initiate Zei Ri
- "Our efforts have met with great success; we know of only one group of Afflicted remaining in the vicinity of Kaineng. It was last seen in Pongmei Valley, and apparently there's something different about this one. One of the Afflicted was described as impossibly massive. Whether it's because the person was huge was[sic] prior to being consumed or it's a result of the evil the creature has done since, I don't know. I do know that it's a threat, and it's our charge to deal with it. That's all the reason I need. Will you join me?"
Upon approaching the Afflicted:
- Initiate Zei Ri: "That is...a very large Afflicted."
- <Party leader>: "If it makes you feel any better, I've fought countless things far, far larger than this."
After defeating the Afflicted:
- Initiate Zei Ri: "This world was not meant for one such as you! May your kind never set food on these grounds again."
- Ministry Captain: "Well done, Initiate! I wish I could grant you a reprieve, but we've just received urgent news from Shing Jea island."
- Ministry Captain: "Several people were lost within the abandoned estate that belonged to Minister Cho. We assume they encountered the plague threat that has remained there."
- Ministry Captain: "But those people may not be a lost cause. We need to know what has happened, but most of our forces are engaged in Kinya Province. The fighting has been fierce, and we just don't have the numbers to split our efforts yet."
- Initiate Zei Ri: "I understand. I will make preparations to leave at once."
- Initiate Zei Ri
- "That handles that. Thanks to you, I've met my responsibility of helping to clear the city. It looks like the Ministry is going to need us on Shing Jea island next. It's beautiful there this time of year. Do you like to travel? Never mind that, that's probably a superfluous question for someone like you. Here, take this."