Pongmei Valley (Winds of Change)
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Storyline||Beyond: Winds of Change|
|Region||Factions: Kaineng City|
- Boreas Seabed (east)
- Maatu Keep (northwest)
- Sunjiang District (northeast)
- Tanglewood Copse (southwest)
- Resurrection shrines with bounties
- Kurzick Priest → Blessing of the Kurzicks
- Luxon Priest → Blessing of the Luxons
- Resurrection shrines with a statue
- Avatar of Dwayna
- East, at the exit into Boreas Seabed.
- Champion of Balthazar
- Northwest, at the exit into Maatu Keep.
- Lyssa's Muse
- Northeast, at the exit into Sunjiang District.
- Melandru's Watcher
- Southwest, at the exit into Tanglewood Copse.
- Voice of Grenth
- 10 (20) Luci (collector for 2 Guardian Moss)
- 20 (20) Gong Mei (merchant)
- 20 (20) Zingyao (weaponsmith)
- 20 (20) Kurzick Guards or 20 (20) Luxon Guards
- 20 (20) Kurzick Merchants or 20 (20) Luxon Merchants
- 20 (20) Kurzick Priests or 20 (20) Luxon Priests
- 20 (20) Seaguard Lykaios
- 20 (20) Canthan Guards
- 20 (20) Giant Turtle
- 10 (20) Kurzick Travelers
- 10 (20) Luxon Travelers
- 24 (26) Am Fah Warrior
- 24 (26) Am Fah Ranger
- 24 (26) Am Fah Monk
- 24 (26) Am Fah Healer
- 24 (26) Am Fah Necromancer
- 24 (26) Am Fah Mesmer
- 24 (26) Am Fah Elementalist
- 24 (26) Am Fah Assassin
- 24 (26) Am Fah Ritualist
Humans (Jade Brotherhood)
- 20 (26) Jade Brotherhood Knight
- 20 (26) Jade Brotherhood Mesmer
- 20 (26) Jade Brotherhood Mage
- 20 (26) Jade Brotherhood Ritualist
- 23 (26) Stone Scale Kirin
- 24 (26) Rot Wallow
- 19 (25) Warden of the Leaf
Humans (Am Fah)
- 24 (30) Meynsang the Sadistic → Spike Trap (Meynsang's Longbow)
- 24 (30) Xuekao, the Deceptive → Assassin's Promise (Daggers of Xuekao)
- 26 (30) Uris Tong of Ash → Weapon of Quickening
- The yetis in this area charm the elder pets when you get into compass range. If you stay out of compass range and let heroes and henchmen kill the yeti, you can tame an elder crane or tiger.
- As there are many different creatures spread over this area, chests may produce many different weapon skins, which are usually only found in the Jade Sea and the Echovald Forest.
- As you approach Xuekao, the Deceptive, Am Fah mobs and Jade Brotherhood mobs will spawn and charge towards each other to fight; you can either let them fight each other first or join them in the fight.
- Since it is considered part of Kaineng City, you will not gain a faction bonus for vanquishing this area. However, you can acquire blessings to gain points while killing foes. There's a Kurzick Priest at the portal next to Tanglewood Copse (if under Kurzick control) and a Luxon Priest at the portal next to Boreas Seabed.
- Even though the spawns near Xuekao are spread out and spawn in small numbers, be careful of getting attacked by both sides.
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 2.6% to the Canthan Cartographer title.
- After completion of Cleansing Pongmei Valley the number of foes will be reduced to around 120 because the player has purged the afflicted from the valley.
|Explorable areas during Winds of Change|
|Bukdek Byway • Haiju Lagoon • Minister Cho's Estate • Morostav Trail • Pongmei Valley • Rhea's Crater|
Shadow's Passage • Shenzun Tunnels • Silent Surf • Sunjiang District • The Undercity • Zen Daijun