From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for an explorable area during Winds of Change and a Zaishen vanquish quest.
Pongmei Valley, a small hilly area adjacent to the Echovald Forest and the Jade Sea, is the only part of Kaineng City which hasn't been covered by urban sprawl.
The Count's Daughter quest will lead characters through here. The first time characters enter here will be from Maatu Keep or Sunjiang District.
- Resurrection shrines with bounties
- Kurzick Priest → Blessing of the Kurzicks
- At the exit into Tanglewood Copse (if controlled by the Kurzicks).
- Luxon Priest → Blessing of the Luxons
- At the exit into Boreas Seabed
- At the exit into Tanglewood Copse (if controlled by the Luxons).
- Resurrection shrines with a statue
- Avatar of Dwayna
- East, at the exit into Boreas Seabed.
- Champion of Balthazar
- Northwest, at the exit into Maatu Keep.
- Lyssa's Muse
- Northeast, at the exit into Sunjiang District.
- Melandru's Watcher
- Southwest, at the exit into Tanglewood Copse.
- Voice of Grenth
- 10 (20) Luci (collector for 2 Guardian Moss)
- 20 (20) Gong Mei (merchant)
- 20 (20) Zingyao (weaponsmith)
- 20 (20) Kurzick Guards or 20 (20) Luxon Guards
- 20 (20) Kurzick Merchants or 20 (20) Luxon Merchants
- 20 (20) Kurzick Priests or 20 (20) Luxon Priests
- 20 (20) Seaguard Lykaios
- 20 (20) Canthan Guards
- 20 (20) Giant Turtle
- 10 (20) Kurzick Travelers
- 10 (20) Luxon Travelers
- 20 (26) Afflicted Warrior
- 20 (26) Afflicted Ranger
- 20 (26) Afflicted Monk
- 20 (26) Afflicted Necromancer
- 20 (26) Afflicted Mesmer
- 20 (26) Afflicted Elementalist
- 20 (26) Afflicted Assassin
- 20 (26) Afflicted Ritualist
- 20 (26) Am Fah Marksman
- 20 (26) Am Fah Healer
- 20 (26) Am Fah Necromancer
- 20 (26) Am Fah Assassin
Humans (Jade Brotherhood)
- 20 (26) Jade Brotherhood Knight
- 20 (26) Jade Brotherhood Mesmer
- 20 (26) Jade Brotherhood Mage
- 20 (26) Jade Brotherhood Ritualist
- 23 (26) Stone Scale Kirin
- 23 (26) Undergrowth
- 28 (30) Island Guardian
- 24 (26) Dragon Moss
- 24 (26) Rot Wallow
- 19 (25) Warden of the Leaf
- 24 (30) The Afflicted Hakaru → Weapon of Quickening
Humans (Am Fah)
- 24 (30) Meynsang the Sadistic → Spike Trap (Meynsang's Longbow)
- 24 (30) Xuekao, the Deceptive → Assassin's Promise (Daggers of Xuekao)
- 28 (30) Arrahhsh Mountainclub → Battle Rage (Arrahhsh's Aegis)
- These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- City Under Attack
- Stemming the Tide
- The Convocation (Both Master Togo and Headmaster Greico will travel with you, but only the former will fight, while the latter won't and will body block allies.)
- The Count's Daughter
- The Yeti in this area charm the elder pets when you get into compass range. If you stay out of compass range and let heroes and henchmen kill the Yeti, you can tame an Elder Crane or Tiger.
- As you approach Xuekao, the Deceptive, use caution to avoid getting surrounded. Groups of Am Fah and Jade Brotherhood will spawn and fight each other; you can either join the brawl or let them fight it out and dispose of what remains.
- Foes that only appear in Echovald Forest (e.g. Stone Scale Kirins) or the Jade Sea (e.g. Yeti) with the exception of Pongmei Valley will drop:
- Kurzick Keys or Luxon Keys in normal mode, respectively, even though only Canthan Chests spawn in this area.
- Weapons that typically only drop in Echovald Forest (e.g. Amber weapons) or the Jade Sea (e.g. Jade weapons), respectively.
- Complete exploration of this area contributes approximately 2.58% to the Canthan Cartographer title.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 146 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 127 to 171 foes.
- You will not gain a faction bonus for vanquishing this area. However, you can acquire blessings to gain points while killing foes from the Luxon Priest near Boreas Seabed or the Luxon/Kurzick Priest near Tanglewood Copse.
- You can skip fighting Meynsang the Sadistic by avoiding his spawn point.
- If you trigger the Jade Brotherhood and Am Fah groups near Xuekao, the Deceptive, but leave the area without fighting them, it can save ~14 kills. This is easiest done by flagging a hero while most of the party stays near compass range.
- Some Canthan Guards will fight the enemies on the map, and get killed by them.
- Called "Pongmei Foothills" in early beta.