The two gangs-something of a misnomer, since each gang contains hundreds if not thousands of captains, money-men, thugs, and the like-control almost all trade, legal and illegal, in the Canthan capitol. The Am Fah and the Jade Brotherhood are in a state of constant cold warfare, which sometimes spills out into the streets, along with a lot of blood. For hundreds of years, neither has been able to topple the other, and out of necessity the rivals have been known to cooperate during the occasional crackdowns on their activities. Were one gang or the other ever to gain the upper hand, the resulting trade monopoly could conceivably lead to a coup against the throne, so the emperor's personal agents help ensure that never happens.
The Jade Brotherhood is one of the two largest criminal organizations in Cantha, along with their rivals, the Am Fah.
The Jade Brotherhood's guild hall is located on a small island in the north of Wajjun Bazaar. Their first leader was Quufu; after her death, the guild was led by a Jade Brotherhood Lord and eventually by Reisen the Phoenix. The membership list is a manifesto kept by Ganshu the Scribe.
List of hostile NPCs
|Guild Wars Factions
|Guild Wars Beyond
24 (26) Jade Brotherhood Warrior
- Only appears during quests.
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Jade Brotherhood.
- During Deactivating P.O.X., players are disguised as Jade Brotherhood members and aid them in a battle against the Am Fah before the fight with P.O.X..
- After the quest Straight to the Top Quufu was killed by the player and an unnamed Jade Brotherhood Lord took over her leader post.
- Lian, Dragon's Petal was the representative for the Jade Brotherhood during the Trial of Zinn.
- Eri, Heart of Fire can be an ally during the The Final Confrontation if she is not killed during There Goes the Neighborhood.