Tahnnakai Temple (explorable area)
- This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for a mission, an outpost, an explorable area during Winds of Change, a Zaishen mission quest, and a Zaishen vanquish quest.
|Exit(s)|| Tahnnakai Temple|
Zin Ku Corridor
The great Tahnnakai Temple is where the ancient Souls of Cantha's greatest heroes are housed and are serviced by Sai Ling Order. This area is filled with non-hostile Temple Guardians and the spirits of ancient heroes but the northern section is filled with dangerous Temple Guardians and large numbers of Jade Brotherhood.
Zin Ku Corridor has the only entrance into this area.
- Avatar of Dwayna
- North, in the northern circular chamber.
- Champion of Balthazar
- South, at the exit into Zin Ku Corridor.
- Lyssa's Muse
- Center, at the easternmost bridge.
- Melandru's Watcher
- Southwest, at the exit into Tahnnakai Temple (outpost).
- 20 Jaizhanju
- 20 Zojun
- 20 Karei
- 20 Naku
- 20 Kitah
- 20 Teinai
- 20 Temple Guardians
- 20 Vizu
- 20 Kaolai (before Imperial Sanctum)
- 20 Master Togo (after Imperial Sanctum)
- 20 Imperial Guardsman Yang
- 20 (26) Jade Brotherhood Knight
- 20 (26) Jade Brotherhood Mesmer
- 20 (26) Jade Brotherhood Mage
- 20 (26) Jade Brotherhood Ritualist
- 20 (26) Temple Guardian
- 24 (30) Quansong Spiritspeak → Wanderlust (Quansong's Focus) (not during A Meeting With the Emperor)
- These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests requires defeating around 125 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 2 to 134.
- With the primary quest A Meeting With the Emperor active, there will be only 2 Temple Guardian foes to kill; however, be careful on your route or you will illuminate other foes that are still present to the north (a map is available here). It does not matter when you speak with the Emperor, as long as the quest is active.
- When vanquishing normally, take care when engaging the numerous Jade Brotherhood mobs. Spread out the party before engaging, as the casters can easily cause a party wipe. Anti-melee skills and elemental damage protection or mitigation are recommended.
- Jade Knights can cause serious damage to your back line, so it is recommended to take care of them first.
- The shimmer on the exit portal to the Tahnnakai Temple outpost does not always show up, making it appear the same as any other door, so be careful you do not accidentally exit this area while vanquishing.
- The northern-most tip of this area contains a feature not found anywhere else in Guild Wars: a multi-level spiraling ramp that leads from the lower temple area mostly inhabited by Temple Guardian foes to a much higher area occupied by the Jade Brotherhood. The upper section contains its own system of watery areas and bridges across them, so if that is actually "ground level" then the spiraling ramp provides a good indication of the depth of the temple shrines and the Zin Ku Corridor within the sewers.