Cleansing the Silent Surf
|Cleansing the Silent Surf|
|Section||The Jade Sea Quests|
|Storyline||Beyond: Winds of Change|
|Given by||Initiate Zei Ri |
in Kaineng Center
|Preceded by||Cleansing Rhea's Crater|
|Followed by||Cleansing Morostav Trail|
Cleansing the Silent Surf (Hard mode)
From Unwaking Waters (Luxon)
- Defeat the Afflicted in the Silent Surf.
- See Initiate Zei Ri for your reward.
- Completing this quest changes the foes that appear in Silent Surf, specifically, Afflicted will no longer spawn.
There are 2-3 waves with several groups in each wave. The groups in each wave stagger from each other, but do overlap. It is easy to get quickly overwhelmed. Fortunately, there is a resurrection shrine nearby, either at the entrance if aligned with the Luxons or on the island to the northeast if aligned with the Kurzicks.
However, you can stay away from where the Afflicted converge and pull foes away from the area to make the encounter less deadly. You do not need to kill all the afflicted to complete this quest. This quest can be completed by only killing five (1-5) groups of Afflicted:
Start from Unwaking Waters (Luxon), hug the west (left) wall towards the boats, and flag your team near the Mob (3) spawn point. Pull the starting Mob (1); once eliminated, use speed boosts to swiftly aggro Mob (2) that spawns near/behind one of the further boats before it moves to the center. After these are killed, Mob (3) will spawn behind you, near the original flag-point. Mob (4) will spawn right behind the boat that's closest to you. The last group, Mob (5), spawn relatively far away to the east of your likely location, but will move towards the boats before moving towards the center. After killing this group, the quest should be completed.
- 28 (28) Initiate Zei Ri
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Enforcer
- 24 (26) Ministry Enforcer
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Ranger
- 24 (26) Ministry Ranger
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Cleric
- 24 (26) Ministry Cleric
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Purger
- 24 (26) Ministry Purger
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Illusionist
- 24 (26) Ministry Illusionist
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Mage
- 24 (26) Ministry Mage
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Bladesman
- 24 (26) Ministry Bladesman
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Medium
- 24 (26) Ministry Medium
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Zealot
- 24 (26) Ministry Captain
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Captain
- 24 (26) Ministry Zealot
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Warrior
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Ranger
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Monk
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Necromancer
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Mesmer
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Elementalist
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Assassin
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Ritualist
- Initiate Zei Ri
- "This is our last battle here on the Jade Sea, but this won't be easy. The Afflicted have massed in incredible numbers at the Silent Surf. Other members of the Ministry of Purity are traveling there, as well. We will need a large show of force if we are to win this battle. It's almost as though the Afflicted know that their backs are against the wall, and all they can do is desperately lash out like this. It's a futile effort, though. For the good of everyone, we will put them to rest. Will you fight with us?"
Upon arrival at the spawnspot.
- Initiate Zei Ri: "Look alive! Our enemy is upon us!"
During the battle.
- Initiate Zei Ri: "For the safety of Cantha, you will be terminated"
- Initiate Zei Ri: "Come! Come to us and find your final release! We will free your spirit from its torment!"
At the start of the second wave.
- Initiate Zei Ri: "Impossible! There's still more of them? No matter. We will take all that come!"
- Initiate Zei Ri: "Fight on! They may have numbers, but we have justice. The ancestors are on our side!"
After the second wave.
- Initiate Zei Ri: "Their numbers swell, we are nearing the end. Brace yourselves and fight! Fight for Cantha!"
When all Afflicted are killed.
- Initiate Zei Ri: "To think that there were so many of them. I've never seen them fight like this."
- <Party leader>: "It's almost like they knew what they were facing and what this battle meant. Do you think...?"
- Initiate Zei Ri: "We did what was right. That is what's important. Come on, the Echovald Forest awaits us."
- Initiate Zei Ri
- "The Jade Sea is cleansed. We are finally at the end of our task; the next battle will be our last against the Afflicted. Are you ready?"
- You do not need to kill all of the Afflicted. There is a spawn point to the southeast of the Afflicted gathering spot. During the second wave, the mob that triggers the end quest spawns from there.