Cleansing Rhea's Crater
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|This quest has a Hard mode version — see Cleansing Rhea's Crater (Hard mode).|
|Cleansing Rhea's Crater|
|Section||The Jade Sea Quests|
|Storyline||Beyond: Winds of Change|
|Given by||Initiate Zei Ri |
in Kaineng Center
|Preceded by||Cleansing Zen Daijun|
|Followed by||Cleansing the Silent Surf|
Cleansing Rhea's Crater (Hard mode)
(Click to enlarge)
Clean Rhea's Crater of the Afflicted.
- Defeat the Afflicted in Rhea's Crater.
- See Initiate Zei Ri for your reward.
- 2,000 Experience
- 500 Gold
- Ministerial Commendation
- Completing this quest changes the foes that appear in Rhea's Crater, specifically, Afflicted will no longer spawn.
Starting from Seafarer's Rest, follow the quest markers and eliminate the three mobs of afflicted.
The subsequent groups will not spawn until the previous group has been defeated, forcing you to finish the groups in order.
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Warrior
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Ranger
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Monk
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Necromancer
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Mesmer
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Elementalist
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Assassin
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Ritualist
- Initiate Zei Ri
- "It is good to have you back! I see that you survived your time with Tsuriai. She is something of a hedgehog, I guess you might say. But don't you dare speak a word of that to her!
- "Since you've been away, the Ministry of Purity has continued its push to remove the Afflicted here on the mainland, and we have been blessed to see many new people joining our ranks. That is the power that hope can bring, and that is the momentum that we have gained. I hope that you will get to see Reiko and Ashu speak soon, so you can understand the power of their words. Until then, we are bringing the fight to the outlying territories, the Jade Sea and the Echovald Forest. Of course, the Afflicted still linger there, the Luxons and the Kurzicks are too busy fighting one another to help their empire. Does anyone even know why they are still at war? I swear, they're little better than savages. Nevertheless, we will help them; it is our responsibility to lead by example.
- "A large portion of the Ministry's forces are dealing with the Afflicted in Gyala Hatchery, and we have been tasked with assaulting the next target. We will travel to Rhea's Crater. Will you join me?"
- [Party leader]: "The Jade Sea hasn't changed much since I've seen it last. I wonder when it will begin to thaw?"
- Initiate Zei Ri: "Some believe it is already beginning to thaw, deep below the surface. Who knows how long it will take before the seas are as they should be once more?"
After the first encounter:
- Initiate Zei Ri: "Perhaps when the Afflicted are finally gone, the lands will begin to heal faster. One can hope."
Before the second encounter:
- Initiate Zei Ri: "Perhaps the Ministry will even be able to bring the Luxons back into the fold. I can't abide a person who stands by and does nothing."
Before the third encounter:
- Initiate Zei Ri: "These must be the last here. Even though they're right in front of me, I can only see past them to what comes next!"
- Initiate Zei Ri
- "Our work is almost at end. We'll only have one last battle to fight in the Jade Sea, but I suggest preparing yourself. It's going to be a big one."
- Initiate Zei Ri leaves the party list before defeating the final group of afflicted, resulting in Zei Ri attempting to heal the Afflicted.