|Region||The Jade Sea|
The Aurios Mines
Rhea's Crater lies on the eastern end of the Jade Sea. The whole of the area appears to be a large Luxon quarry with deep excavation works being carried out in multiple places. The unearthed jade stands as a grim reminder of the day the Jade Sea became frozen, as the preserved remains of fish, serpents, and other aquatic life forms can be seen within the jade blocks. The southern part of this area are narrow and deep pathways riddling through blocks of jade. The northern and middle portions are on higher ground with ledges where mining works are being carried out. The middle area also contains a small flooded section in the east. This area is crawling with Jade Sea wildlife and the Outcasts maintain long and fast patrols throughout this area.
- Kurzick Priest → Blessing of the Kurzicks
- Luxon Priest → Blessing of the Luxons
- Resurrection shrines with a statue
- Avatar of Dwayna
- East, at the exit into the Aurios Mines.
- Champion of Balthazar
- Southwest, at the exit into Seafarer's Rest.
- Melandru's Watcher
- Northwest, near the exit into Gyala Hatchery.
- Voice of Grenth
- South-center, on the high ground south of the large northern excavation area.
- 20 Kurzick Guards or 20 Luxon Guards
- 20 Kurzick Merchants or 20 Luxon Merchants
- 20 Kurzick Priests or 20 Luxon Priests
- 5 (5) Reef Lurker
- 20 (26) Afflicted Warrior
- 20 (26) Afflicted Ranger
- 20 (26) Afflicted Monk
- 20 (26) Afflicted Necromancer
- 20 (26) Afflicted Mesmer
- 20 (26) Afflicted Elementalist
- 20 (26) Afflicted Assassin
- 20 (26) Afflicted Ritualist
- 22 (26) Outcast Warrior
- 21 (26) Outcast Deathhand
- 22 (26) Outcast Assassin
- 23 (26) Outcast Ritualist
- 28 (30) Lorelle Jade Cutter → Glass Arrows (Lorelle's Longbow)
- 28 (30) Incetol, Devout of Depths → Healing Burst (Incetol's Focus)
- 28 (30) Cultist Milthuran → Cultist's Fervor (Milthuran's Staff)
- 28 (30) Talous the Mad → Recurring Insecurity (Talous' Staff)
- 28 (30) Arius, Dark Apostle → Dark Apostasy (Arius' Sai)
- 28 (30) Delic the Vengeance Seeker → Vengeful Was Khanhei (Vengeance Seeker)
- There are 7 hidden Oni groups (each consisting of 3 to 5 of them):
- Southwest of Grenth's shrine, at the southern end of the curving path at the western edge.
- In the inlet bordering the landmass west of Grenth's shrine.
- Short distance from the Gyala Hatchery exit, near the shrine.
- In a nook at the northeastern corner.
- At the end of the eastern path that leads away from the Aurios Mines.
- At both ends of the bridge just north of the petrified leviathan marked on the area map as a dark green square (see map), these ones have a chance to drop Ungues of the Oni.
- Outcasts are hostile to other enemies - you can save ~22 kills if you let them fight it out.
- Arius, Dark Apostle - depending on how fast you can reach her location - may already have been killed by other mobs.
- Talous the Mad may also get in a fight with the sea life of the area, but will most likely emerge victorious. She and Wavecrest Stonebreak will fight each other when their patrol paths intersect.
- The eastern side of the central area contains actual water - a rarely seen thing in the Jade Sea region.
- This area has one boss of each profession available in Guild Wars Factions.
- Complete exploration of this area will yield about 2.4% to the Canthan Cartographer title track.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 240 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 224 to 271 foes.
- Take note of the small Outcast groups that run quickly along their patrol paths.
- It may be possible that this area is named after Elder Rhea, although the reason is not known.
|Explorable areas in the Jade Sea|
|Archipelagos • Boreas Seabed • Maishang Hills • Mount Qinkai • Gyala Hatchery • Rhea's Crater • Silent Surf • Unwaking Waters|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Landmarks|