Unwaking Waters (explorable area)
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about an explorable area. This name is also used for a mission, a Zaishen mission quest, and a Zaishen vanquish quest. For the outposts, see Unwaking Waters (Luxon) and Unwaking Waters (Kurzick).
|Region||The Jade Sea|
Unwaking Waters (Kurzick)
Unwaking Waters (Luxon)
Can only be entered from Harvest Temple.
- Harvest Temple (center)
- Unwaking Waters (Kurzick) (west, talk to Gatekeeper Dedrick)
- Unwaking Waters (Luxon) (east, talk to Hylas)
- Resurrection shrines with bounties
- Kurzick Priest → Blessing of the Kurzicks
- Just south of the Harvest Temple (if controlled by the Kurzicks)
- Luxon Priest → Blessing of the Luxons
- Just south of the Harvest Temple (if controlled by the Luxons)
- Resurrection shrines with a statue
- Champion of Balthazar
- Center, just south of the Harvest Temple (Kurzick or Luxon)
- 20 Elder Ezio (collector for 5 Kraken Eyes)
- 20 Kurzick Guards or 20 Luxon Guards
- 20 Kurzick Merchants or 20 Luxon Merchants
- 20 Kurzick Priests or 20 Luxon Priests
- 20 Gatekeeper Dedrick
- 20 Hylas
- 28 (30) Oni
- 24 (26) Saltspray Dragon
- 22 (26) Creeping Carp
- 22 (26) Outcast Warrior
- 21 (26) Outcast Deathhand
- 22 (26) Outcast Assassin
- 23 (26) Outcast Ritualist
- 24 (26) Kraken Spawn
- 28 (30) Shiro'ken Warrior
- 28 (30) Shiro'ken Ranger
- 28 (30) Shiro'ken Assassin
- 28 (30) Shrouded Oni → Shadow Shroud (Shrouded Oni Daggers)
- 28 (30) Kunvie Firewing → Ride the Lightning (Kunvie's Air Staff)
- 28 (30) Merki The Reaver → "Charge!" (Merki's Gaze)
- 28 (30) Cultist Rajazan → Cultist's Fervor (Rajazan's Fervor)
- 24 (30) Chazek Plague Herder → Psychic Instability
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Unwaking Waters.|
- If every character in the party has completed Befriending the Luxons, Hylas will grant the group access to the Unwaking Waters Luxon mission outpost, and you will be able to explore the Luxon side without finishing the Gyala Hatchery mission.
- Similarly, if all characters in the party have completed Befriending the Kurzicks, talking to Gatekeeper Dedrick will give you similar access to the Unwaking Waters Kurzick mission outpost, and you can explore the Kurzick side without finishing the Eternal Grove mission.
- Be careful when fighting the Shiro'ken on the way down from Harvest Temple if your faction does not control the single resurrection shrine in the zone: if your party wipes, you will be returned to the outpost, since there is no place for you to resurrect.
- If you are cartographing the area, you will need to bring a shadow step skill to gain access to the south-western part of the area. You will have to use it on a Reef Lurker located near the shipwreck that is blocking your path.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 146 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 134 to 158 foes.
- There are a few hidden pairs of Oni.
- The shipwrecks or ruined buildings sometimes hide several Outcast Assassins.
- You can gain up to 12,000 points of Luxon faction here, ⅔ of which comes from vanquishing, the rest from taking the Luxon bounty); highly efficient teams can do this in about 15 minutes (although most groups will need around 30 minutes).
- Additional foes during Outcasts in the Quarry, which can interfere with vanquishing (see the following bug note). Bug.Two additional groups of Outcasts will spawn in areas unreachable by foot while Outcasts in the Quarry is active (even though none of the quest objectives take place in Unwaking Waters): one on the path traversed during the mission, the other inside the Kurzick outpost.
Bug.Occasionally characters will resurrect at the portal to the Harvest Temple even after activating the resurrection shrine (via having more unspent faction of their allegiance, killing them or bribing the priest).
|Explorable areas in the Jade Sea|
|Archipelagos • Boreas Seabed • Maishang Hills • Mount Qinkai • Gyala Hatchery • Rhea's Crater • Silent Surf • Unwaking Waters|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Landmarks|