Befriending the Luxons
|Befriending the Luxons|
|Given by|| Elder Rhea |
(The Jade Sea)
|Preceded by||Journey to Cavalon|
|Followed by||Stolen Eggs|
- 10,000 Experience
- 700 Gold
- Your Luxon faction cap limit is increased by 10,000 points
- This increase is only applied once per account. To receive this reward, you must either complete the quest (if none of your characters has done so), or log in with a character in your account that has done the quest.
Simply acquire 10,000 Luxon faction in any way. Remember that this must be unspent faction. Luxon faction can be obtained from Alliance Battles, competitive missions (such as The Jade Quarry and Fort Aspenwood), some quests in the Jade Sea, and killing enemies while under Blessing of the Luxons. If your guild is allied with the Kurzicks, you can still participate in Alliance Battles since you can convert the Imperial faction to Luxon faction via Hei Tsu. Some quests that reward Luxon faction are repeatable.
The mission Boreas Seabed now gives 1000 faction per level of completion for a total of 3000 faction that can be earned fairly quickly with just Heroes and/or Henchmen.
If you have access to Hard mode, then vanquishing an area is your best option - you gain more faction per kill from the Blessing of the Luxons - and vanquishing an entire zone will reward an additional faction bonus. The most efficient vanquish is in Mount Qinkai, which should take less than 15 minutes for about 10k faction.
The table below provides a summary of quests in and around Cavalon that can be performed to obtain the required faction points. Note that even if you complete every quest you will not generate enough faction (except if you repeat the repeatable quests) - so you would have to take the Blessing of the Luxons so that you can gain some Luxon faction while killing foes.
|Journey to Cavalon||250||4000||0||-||Jamei||Maatu Keep|
|Charting the Jade Sea||500||5000||200||-||Sekai the Mapmaker||Maatu Keep|
|The Halcyon Job||1000||5000||350||-||Captain Lexis||Cavalon|
|→ Protect the Halcyon||750||3000||250||-||Captain Lexis||Cavalon|
|Night Raiders||750||3000||250||-||Captain Juno||Cavalon|
|Attack the Kurzicks!||750||3000||250||-||Captain Juno||Cavalon|
|Challenge of Strength||750||3000||250||-||Captain Elora||Cavalon|
|In the Army (Luxon)||400||2000||150||Recruiter Lysandra||Maishang Hills|
|Scouting Maishang Hills||400||2000||150||Scoutmaster Theron||Maishang Hills|
|More Cowbell||750||3000||250||-||Eurus||Breaker Hollow|
|Luxon Supply Lines||400||2000||150||Supplymaster Keleos||Archipelagos|
|The Jade Arena||400||2000||150||Arena Master Portus||Archipelagos|
|Scout the Coast||400||2000||150||Scoutmaster Aerios||Mount Qinkai|
|Return of the Yeti||1000||3000||250||-||Magistrate Kin||Mount Qinkai|
- Elder Rhea
- "If you wish to prove yourself an ally, you must earn faction by undertaking tasks on behalf of the Luxons. There is a rumor that certain unscrupulous individuals will even sell faction for gold! Accumulate 10,000 unspent faction points and I will sponsor you as a friend to the Luxons. Do you possess the strength to do this?"
- Elder Rhea
- "I am proud to count you as a friend to the Luxons. You can rely on our help in the coming fight."
- You don't lose the 10,000 faction after accepting the reward.
- Since faction points are shared among characters of the same account it may be worth considering to do this quest with more than one character simultaneously, so that those characters benefit from the collected Faction.