Scout the Coast
|Scout the Coast|
|Section||The Jade Sea Quests|
|Given by|| Scoutmaster Aerios |
in Mount Qinkai
(The Jade Sea)
|Preceded by||Sunjiang District|
(Click to enlarge)
- Go to the first checkpoint and search for Kurzicks in the vicinity. Kill any Kurzick invaders you find.
- Go to the second checkpoint and search for Kurzicks in the vicinity. Kill any Kurzick invaders you find.
- Go to the third checkpoint and search for Kurzicks in the vicinity. Kill any Kurzick invaders you find.
- Go to the fourth checkpoint and search for Kurzicks in the vicinity. Kill any Kurzick invaders you find.
- See Scoutmaster Aerios for your reward.
Obtain the quest from Scoutmaster Aerios standing just outside Breaker Hollow. Follow the path on the mission map to points 1 through 4. At each point a group of Kurzicks will appear. They often appear around your party so as soon as this happens, take several steps back so that you are not surrounded. Defeat them and move on to the next destination. Along the way, you will encounter a couple groups of Oni. Continue until you clear out all four locations. Return to Scoutmaster Aerios for your reward.
See the Notes below for combining this quest with Return of the Yeti.
- 20 (26) Kurzick Warrior
- 20 (26) Kurzick Ranger
- 20 (26) Kurzick Monk
- 20 (26) Kurzick Necromancer
- 20 (26) Kurzick Mesmer
- 20 (26) Kurzick Elementalist
- 20 (26) Kurzick Assassin
- 20 (26) Kurzick Scout
- 20 (26) Kurzick Ritualist
- Scoutmaster Aerios
- "You want to help the Luxons against the Kurzicks, or so I hear. I've got the perfect job for you, stranger. The Kurzicks don't know it, but we Luxons don't have the manpower to scout the entirety of the coast. Even now the Kurzicks rampage through our lands and wreak havoc. That's where you come in. Patrol the area and prove your loyalties are not false. Scout these four areas I have marked on your map, and then return and tell me what you've found. If you happen to run into any Kurzick raiding parties, deal with them. They have done enough damage already."
- Scoutmaster Aerios
- "Hmm...so many, and so close to our home. This is disturbing, but you have proven yourself."
- Kurzick equivalent is Securing Echovald Forest
- This quest is a repeatable quest
- This quest was used often for FFF prior to the November 13th 2008 update
- If you leave the area before collecting your reward, you will have to restart the quest from the beginning. After scouting, you must return to Scoutmaster Aerios on foot to complete the quest
- This quest can be easily combined with Return of the Yeti. As you approach point 1 on the mission map, you will pass by Magistrate Kin. Speak to him to obtain the Return of the Yeti quest. Make Scout the Coast your current quest and continue with the quest by going to point 2 and then to point 3. At point 3, in addition to the group of Kurzicks, you will also find several groups of Yeti. Arrahhsh Mountainclub is among one of the groups. Defeat him and you can pick up the Golden Lantern to complete Return of the Yeti. You can then either go back to Magistrate Kin immediately for your reward or finish Scout the Coast and then go back to Magistrate Kin later.
- A Locked Chest usually spawns with one of the mobs.