The Titan Source (Hard mode)
|The Titan Source|
|Given by||Vision of Glint |
in Droknar's Forge
|Preceded by||Defend Denravi (Hard mode),|
Defend North Kryta Province (Hard mode),
and The Last Day Dawns (Hard mode)
The bosses' location
Alternative route with a closer resurrection shrine
- Travel to Grendich Courthouse and speak with Warmaster Labofski to learn how you can help defend against the Titan threat.
- Travel to the northwest region of Dragon's Gullet and kill the 3 Titan bosses.
- Return to Vision of Glint for your reward.
The best strategy is to start out at Grendich Courthouse and travel to Flame Temple Corridor, killing any bosses encountered along the way for extra morale. Alternatively, it is possible to start from Yak's Bend to have a party of 6 members, but this requires to make your way through Traveler's Vale, Ascalon Foothills and Diessa Lowlands. In Flame Temple, you will encounter the Charr Lords. Pull them away from the patrols and take them on one group at a time, then continue on to the Dragon's Gullet.
Consider maxing out your morale before venturing into the lake itself.
Enter the lake from the southeastern shore, northwest of the resurrection shrine that makes for a convenient restart spot should you wipe while fighting the Titan Lords. A pair of Hand and Fist of the Titans will pop out of the tar to greet you.
After you deal with the popups, you need to take out a number of titan patrols that circle the bosses. The patrols are made up of more Hands and Fists, and also Sparks of the Titans and Risen Ashen Hulks; the sparks should be your priority target as they are capable of some extremely lethal Fire Magic. The Risen Hulks are the least dangerous, and should be left for last as they split into another pair of Hand and Fist when they die.
A second group of pop-up warrior titans will greet you in the southwest corner of the lake.
After the lake has been cleared of patrols, it is time to complete the main objective. In the center of the lake are three Titan bosses: the Titan Lords you were sent here to dispatch. Among their ranks is a small group of Charr Lords. A good tactic is to kill the Charr Lords first then go for the Titans.
- A solid tank who can rush in and keep the bosses focused on him is an excellent complement to an Elementalist with Maelstrom who can render the Mesmer and Necromancer bosses useless for about 30 seconds (10 seconds of interruptions plus more time as their skills recharge).
- Titans are very resistant to physical damage, but less so to elemental damage - especially cold damage.
- An interrupt Mesmer can help here by shutting down the Necromancer boss and prevent him from casting Malaise.
- A good way to break the anti-caster combination is to kill the Mesmer boss before the others.
- Due to the short distance, it's advised to leave from Yak's Bend for two additional party members. Be sure to first talk to Labofski though.
- Rebel Yell helps in fighting the Charr during the quest.
- Bringing Winter or other forms of cold damage is advised as the Titans have lower armor rating vs cold damage; however, armor-ignoring damage, such as dealt by binding ritual spirits and chaos damage, works too.
- 30 Charr Axe Fiend
- 30 Charr Skullcrusher
- 30 Charr Hunter
- 30 Charr Shaman
- 30 Charr Chaot
- 30 Charr Flame Wielder
- 30 Charr Avenger
- 30 Charr Shadow
- 32 Risen Ashen Hulk
- 38 Spark of the Titans
- 38 Phlog the Indomitable → Eviscerate
- 38 Staggh the Fervid → Greater Conflagration
- 38 Lugg the Malignant → Life Transfer
- 38 Druul the Untamed → Energy Drain
- 38 Singe the Malevolent → Savannah Heat