When Kappa Attack
|This quest has a Hard mode version — see When Kappa Attack (Hard mode).|
|When Kappa Attack|
|Section||Kaineng City Quests|
|Storyline||Beyond: Winds of Change|
|Given by||Lei Jeng |
in Kaineng Center
|Preceded by||Light My Fire|
|Followed by||When Kappa Attack (Hard mode)|
Route starting from Wajjun Bazaar
Meet up with Oroku in the Undercity and investigate the rise in Kappa problems.
- Meet Ministry Agent Oroku in the Undercity.
- Escort Oroku to the corrupted locations so that he can purify them. [0...3] of 3 purified. Oroku must survive.
- Find the source of the corruption.
- Defeat Kai Shi Jo and his corrupted kappa.
- See Lei Jeng for your reward.
- 2,000 Experience
- 1,500 Gold
- Imperial Commendation
- Baubao Wavewrath does not spawn in the Undercity during this quest.
Enter the Undercity from the Wajjun Bazaar, via the Nahpui Quarter outpost. Since Oroku must survive stay near him at the areas of corruption and let the Kappa come to you. At each site, the Kappa will attack in 4 waves from each entry point in groups of 3 or 4. Since the Kappa are large groups of spellcasters, area of effect skills and caster shutdown will be very helpful. Oroku will stay with the party between the sites, so the only danger during movement is the Am Fah. Take care with these mobs, as it is easy to over-aggro and fail the quest. It is safest, though time consuming, to clear out the path before taking Oroku (either by not entering from south Wajjun Bazaar, or by running past before he finishes the dialogue.)
Once you have cleansed all 3 areas of corruption, Oroku will revive after dying from that point on.
If you have Cleansing the Undercity active, you can bring along Initiate Zei Ri as an extra ally to help make this quest easier. Just make sure to complete Oroku's quest first before killing the Afflicted mobs.
- 20 Oroku
Humans (Am Fah)
- 24 (26) Am Fah Warrior
- 24 (26) Am Fah Ranger
- 24 (26) Am Fah Monk
- 24 (26) Am Fah Necromancer
- 24 (26) Am Fah Mesmer
- 24 (26) Am Fah Elementalist
- 24 (26) Am Fah Assassin
- 24 (26) Am Fah Ritualist
- 15 (25) Scourged Kappa
- 15 (25) Diseased Kappa
- 15 (25) Fevered Kappa
- 15 (25) Violent Kappa
- 15 (25) Maddened Kappa
Human (Am Fah)
- 24 (30) Kai Shi Jo → Vow of Strength
- 24 (30) Polack → Eviscerate
- 24 (30) Copernicus → Healing Burst
- 24 (30) Francis → Stolen Speed
- 24 (30) Giovanni → Shockwave
- 30 Hamato → Signet of Spirits (only in hard mode)
- Lei Jeng
- "First drakes and now kappa! I've got a new report of some violent kappa appearing in the sewers of the Undercity. I'm not sure exactly what is causing it, but they have been attacking some of the citizens that live down there. The Ministry of Purity has volunteered to lend us one of their elites for this job, so you should go and meet Oroku in the Undercity before you start. I would come with you on this job [sic] but there is still a mountain of paperwork to deal with regarding the drakes. Give Oroku my regards."
- Oroku: "You are the ones the Imperial Guard sent? Typical. They couldn't even send one of their own for this job."
- <Party leader>: "He wanted to come but had other matters to attend to. He requested we offer you his regards."
- Oroku: "Ha! More likely he simply didn't want to get his armor dirty. This is why the Imperial Guard is looked down on. But the Ministry of Purity is different."
- <Party leader>: "That's not really fair..."
- Oroku: "Believe what you wish. The truth is plain to those who would look for it. Let's get moving.I've [sic] already used some scrying magic to locate a few of the sources of corruption that has been turning the beasts violent. We'll head out and purify these locations now."
- <Party leader>: "You said that this was a corruption, but didn't we get rid of the plague?"
- Oroku: "Corruption exists in many forms; even if Shiro is gone [sic] there are still those that would try and revive his legacy. Ultimately, the real corruption comes from within, but that's where the Ministry of Purity comes in. Now, stand guard while I purify this area."
- Oroku: "The ritual is complete. Let's move on to the next area."
- Oroku: "Another corrupted area. Watch for enemies as I purify it."
- <Party leader>: "What is that ritual you are using?"
- Oroku: "Our founder, Reiko, has done some research on Shing Jea Island. She developed this ritual by studying Zunraa, the guardian spirit of Zen Daijun. Only high-ranking members such as myself have been given the honor of learning it."
- Oroku: "I've finished purifying this area. As much as sewer water can be purified anyway."
- <Party leader>: "This area has been corrupted too? What could be causing this?"
- Oroku: "I'm not sure yet, but I've got a pretty good idea."
- <Party leader>: "Could it be some kind of spirit, like Shiro?"
- Oroku: "No, this is the work of men."
- Oroku: "That was the last of them. Now to deal with the source."
- <Party leader>: "The Am Fah! You're the cause of all this corruption?"
- Kai Shi Jo: "You Ministry fools are too late! I have already completed corrupting of [sic] the strongest kappa in these sewers! With their power behind us, the Am Fah can finally be rid of the Jade Brotherhood."
- Oroku: "All this for your petty gang war? The Am Fah are a blight on this country, and I will cut you out for the sake of our future!"
- Kai Shi Jo: "We'll see if you can. Attack them, my kappas!" [sic]
- Oroku: "Ugh. I hate kappas. [sic] We've finished here. You'd better go report to the lazy Imperial Guard that sent you."
- Lei Jeng
- "Another Am Fah plot, eh? We had suspected they might have been involved but had no proof. It's a good thing you dealt with it though; having a swarm of corrupted kappa reaching the city proper would have been a disaster. Oroku has already gone back to give his report to the Ministry, so all that's left is your reward."
- This quest has numerous references to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The names and colors of the four end bosses reflect each of the main characters; Oroku's name is based on the group's arch-enemy, Oroku Saki; and Hamato is based on the turtles' sensei, Hamato Yoshi.