Light My Fire
|Light My Fire|
|Section||Kaineng City Quests|
|Storyline||Beyond: Winds of Change|
|Given by||Lei Jeng |
in Kaineng Center
|Preceded by||Cleansing Bukdek Byway|
|Followed by||When Kappa Attack|
Light My Fire (Hard mode)
A possible path taken during the quest.
- Meet Imperial Guard Lei Jeng in Xaquang Skyway
- Find and capture the missing Fire Drakes: [5...0] of 5 remaining.
- Prevent the Am Fah and the Jade Brotherhood from taking the Drakes.
- See Lei Jeng for your reward.
Start from Senji's Corner and pick up Lei Jeng a little ways off to the west of the exit. You will see a "Heat Gauge" bar that you will use to find the Missing Fire Drakes. The bar goes from blue to red. When filled, it means your party is very close to a Fire Drake. Note that the gauge actually shows Lei Jeng's proximity, not your character's proximity. You must locate the Fire Drakes in the correct order, as they do not spawn all at once.
Start by heading east towards the corner, where you will find the first Drake. Bring its life down and it will join as an ally. The second drake is towards the northwest of the first. This one will initially run away. Just follow it until it turns hostile, then defeat it. The third drake is past the burnt area filled with Vermin, accompanied by Am Fah that turns hostile as you approach. The fourth drake is east of the third, on the other side of the map. It's accompanied by a group of Jade Brotherhood. The final drake is at the exit to Bukdek Byway, where you will have to fight both Am Fah and the Jade Brotherhood. (They will not attack each other).
- 24 Missing Fire Drake x5
- 20 Lei Jeng
- 24 (26) Am Fah Warrior
- 24 (26) Am Fah Ranger
- 24 (26) Am Fah Monk
- 24 (26) Am Fah Necromancer
- 24 (26) Am Fah Mesmer
- 24 (26) Am Fah Elementalist
- 24 (26) Am Fah Assassin
- 24 (26) Am Fah Ritualist
Humans (Jade Brotherhood)
- 24 (26) Jade Brotherhood Warrior
- 24 (26) Jade Brotherhood Ranger
- 24 (26) Jade Brotherhood Monk
- 24 (26) Jade Brotherhood Necromancer
- 24 (26) Jade Brotherhood Mesmer
- 24 (26) Jade Brotherhood Elementalist
- 24 (26) Jade Brotherhood Assassin
- 24 (26) Jade Brotherhood Ritualist
- Lei Jeng
- "The Ministry of Purity is pretty busy these days cleaning up the Afflicted, but that doesn't mean we can let local matters get out of hand. A while back, I was investigating the arson of a local restaurant that used fire drakes to cook the food. Yes, it sounds weird, but I hear it was quite popular. At the time, we chalked up the incident to mismanagement of the little fire-spitters, but the drakes never turned up after our investigation. We finally got a report of some of them appearing in Xaquang Skyway, so I'm going to search for them. I've even bought this temperature-sensing device from a traveling merchant to help track them down. What do you say? Can you spare some time to help out?"
- At the first drake
- Lei Jeng: "I picked up this device from a traveling merchant; I think it will help us in our search. It detects differences in the surrounding temperature. If we head where it is hottest, I'm sure we'll find something there. Stick close to me, and I'll let it point the way"
- Lei Jeng: "From what I know, the drakes used in the restaurants were pretty domesticated,so we probably don't have to kill them."
- Lei Jeng: "I hope word hasn't gotten out about these creatures running around; it certainly would throw the area into a panic. We'll have to find them before that happens."
- Lei Jeng: "Look! There's one of the missing drakes over there. Let's catch it."
- After the second drake is defeated
- Lei Jeng: "Aha! Another of the fireball-spewing creatures. It seems frightened though. I wonder what got it so spooked."
- At the third drake
- Lei Jeng: "Am Fah! What are you doing with that beast?
- Am Fah Assassin: "The Imperial Guard? Are they on to our plans already? Silence them quickly!
- After the third drake and Am Fah are defeated
- Lei Jeng: "The Am Fah are after the drakes too it would seem. They've probably got some plot in mind. We'd better find the rest quickly.
- At the fourth drake
- Lei Jeng: "Now the Jade Brotherhood? Where are you scoundrels going with that drake?"
- Jade Brotherhood Warrior: "So, you found out about our plans, have you? Too bad you didn't bring enough fighters to stop us. Brothers, destroy them!"
- After the fourth drake and Jade Brotherhood are defeated
- Lei Jeng: "First the Am Fah, and now the Jade Brotherhood. What's going on here? I don't know what they are planning, but it's sure to be no good. Let's find the last of these beasts quickly."
- At the fifth drake
- Lei Jeng: "A gang fight! Looks like trouble!"
- Jade Brotherhood Assassin: "The drake is ours you dirty scavengers!"
- Am Fah Warrior: "So you can use it as a weapon against us? Not a chance fool!"
- Lei Jeng: "Neither of you will have the drake! I'm placing you all under arrest!"
- Jade Brotherhood Assassin: "How convenient; this buffoon of a guardsman has gone to the trouble of bringing the rest of the drakes right to us. We'll just kill you all and take them for ourselves!"
- Am Fah: "We'll separate your heads from your shoulders first! Get them!"
- After the fifth drake, Am Fah, and Jade Brotherhood are defeated
- Lei Jeng: "Well, that takes care of that. Now that we've got the last drake, I can take them back to the palace. The emperor will no doubt want to reward you for your help. Meet me back in Kaineng when you're done here."
- Lei Jeng
- "I can't believe the audacity of these gangs! Using such dangerous creatures in their turf struggle, they could have brought the whole skyway down on the citizens below. One of these days, we're going to have to clean up those gangs along with everything else.
- I've turned the drakes over to the Ministry of Fire; they'll know what to do with the little fire beasts. Here's a reward, on behalf of the emperor."
- The quest will succeed even if your allies die: Lei Jeng and any rescued Fire Drakes will resurrect automatically.
- Consider Vanquishing Xaquang Skyway at the same time:
- You need to kill most of the local enemies to complete the quest; there will be relatively few left.
- Although the 182 foes will be tougher (i.e. Hard mode spawns from Winds of Change) and they will be slightly greater in number, you will have Lei Jeng and rescued Fire Drakes as allies.
- Save the fifth Drake until near the end, since this allows you to keep your allies.