Cleansing Haiju Lagoon
|Cleansing Haiju Lagoon|
|Section||Shing Jea Island Quests|
|Storyline||Beyond: Winds of Change|
|Given by||Initiate Tsuriai |
in Seitung Harbor
(Shing Jea Island)
|Preceded by||Rescue at Minister Cho's Estate|
|Followed by||Cleansing Zen Daijun|
Cleansing Haiju Lagoon (Hard mode)
From Zen Daijun
- Travel to Haiju Lagoon with Initiate Tsuriai.
- Protect Initiate Tsuriai while she cleanses the lagoon.
- See Initiate Tsuriai for your reward.
- Completing this quest changes the foes that appear in Haiju Lagoon; specifically, Afflicted will no longer spawn but are replaced by Scavengers.
- See also: Cleansing Haiju Lagoon/Guide for a detailed walkthrough
Your goal is to protect Tsuriai while she stands in the lagoon to conduct her cleansing ritual. Several groups of Afflicted will attack her from three directions (west, south, and east). After completing the ritual, any remaining Afflicted will disappear. If she dies, the quest fails and you must rezone to try again.
Head northwest from Zen Daijun to meet up with Tsuriai then head north to the starburst on the map. After she begins her chanting you have a few moments to organize your party before being confronted by the Afflicted. Keep her alive for the minute or two she needs; you do not actually have to kill any of the foes (although this will obviously make keeping her alive easier).
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Warrior
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Ranger
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Monk
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Necromancer
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Mesmer
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Elementalist
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Assassin
- 24, 26 (26, 28) Afflicted Ritualist
- Initiate Tsuriai
- "Are you the new blood? Well, I suppose you'll do. Just stay out of my way, and don't get yourself killed. Especially don't get yourself turned. I have no love for the Afflicted, and the last thing I want is more of them crawling around. We're out here to clean up Shing Jea Island, not make it worse.
- "We're starting with Haiju Lagoon. As you may know, the waters of the lagoon possess an innate healing quality. That is, they did. The presence of the Afflicted over the years has gradually corrupted the water. It's our job to cleanse the taint that they left behind. I can perform the necessary ritual, but I will need protection. If we can take care of this, the Ministry will have a better foothold to remove the rest of the infected ones. Can I count on you?"
Upon approaching Initiate Tsuriai:
- Initiate Tsuriai: "Let's head to the lagoon. it's to the north of here. And let's not waste time, got it?"
At the lagoon:
- Initiate Tsuriai: "Just look at what those nightmares have done. If I were given the chance, I would strike all of them from this world. No hesitation."
- Initiate Tsuriai: "I'll handle the ritual to cleanse these waters. I need to be within the lagoon for it to work. Unfortunately, it's certain to draw out the Afflicted, so be prepared. If you let them interrupt me, so help you! Even if you survive them, you'll have to face me afterward."
- Initiate Tsuriai: "Kaijun Don, hear my plea. These words I give, an offering to appease."
- Initiate Tsuriai: "Let cease the seething, a vengeance left there bleeding."
- Initiate Tsuriai: "To slide from shadow and release from sorrow, to hear the call of a brighter morrow."
- Initiate Tsuriai: "A day met as star again, rippled reflections looking clearly back to the heavens."
- Initiate Tsuriai: "That did it. These waters are pure once more. Others of the Ministry will handle the rest. Let's get going. These robes need to be changed."
- Initiate Tsuriai
- "Not bad...for a rookie. Forgive my pessimism, but the Ministry of Purity seems to be attracting a lot of dewy-eyed recruits these days. They have more passion than common sense, and that's often a liability. Don't misunderstand me; it's a good thing that more people are drawn to our cause. They just need to be honed so that they can apply their enthusiasm to greater effect."
- While standing in the water you will be under the Corrupted Haiju Lagoon Water effect until the ritual is complete.