Architect of Corruption
|Architect of Corruption|
|Section||Kaineng City Quests|
|Storyline||Beyond: Winds of Change|
|Given by|| Xan Hei |
in Xaquang Skyway
|Preceded by||Tracking the Corruption|
|Followed by|| The Gangs of Kaineng|
Architect of Corruption (Hard mode)
(Click to enlarge)
- Seek out Jeijou, Shadow Whispered.
- See Xan Hei for your reward.
There is a very large battle at the first map marker on your mission map. While going up the last ramp, be prepared for a battle. Also, midway between the first and second marker there are an extremely large number of Am Fah. It is recommended to pull them in small groups back through the door.
When you get to Jeijou, he appears to be alone, but soon spawns a large number of Am Fah before engaging in combat. Once you have killed him, return to Xan Hei. Because you only have to kill Jeijou, you can map out once he's dead even if the rest of the final groups are not.
- 28 Xan Hei
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Enforcer
- 24 (26) Ministry Enforcer
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Ranger
- 24 (26) Ministry Ranger
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Cleric
- 24 (26) Ministry Cleric
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Purger
- 24 (26) Ministry Purger
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Illusionist
- 24 (26) Ministry Illusionist
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Mage
- 24 (26) Ministry Mage
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Bladesman
- 24 (26) Ministry Bladesman
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Medium
- 24 (26) Ministry Medium
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Captain
- 24 (26) Ministry Captain
- 26 (28) Elite Ministry Zealot
- 24 (26) Ministry Zealot
Humans (Am Fah)
- 24 (26) Am Fah Warrior
- 24 (26) Am Fah Ranger
- 24 (26) Am Fah Monk
- 24 (26) Am Fah Necromancer
- 24 (26) Am Fah Mesmer
- 24 (26) Am Fah Elementalist
- 24 (26) Am Fah Assassin
- 24 (26) Am Fah Ritualist
Humans (Am Fah)
- Xan Hei
- "You've done well. With the information you've gathered, we know that we're searching for someone named Jeijou, Shadow Whispered, and that he is likely in Nahpui Quarter, by way of Senji's Corner. We don't know yet what the connection is between him and the Am Fah's movements, but that they are related at all tells me much. This is a threat to the people of Cantha, and it must be dealt with before any harm comes of it."
After the first encounter:
- Xan Hei: "Whatever the Am Fah have planned, it stops here and now. Cantha has suffered their presence for far too long."
After the second encounter:
- Xan Hei: "The Am Fah have helped to spread the plague. To me, that makes them no better than the Afflicted they've brought down upon us."
Before Jeijou, Shadow Whispered:
- <Party leader>: "It looks like we've found our man."
- Jeijou, Shadow Whispered: "How predictable. All we had to do was make enough noise and you pop out of nowhere. And, as you may notice, into our territory."
- <Party leader>: "Do you really think this is enough to stop us?"
- Jeijou, Shadow Whispered: "No, but I believe this is. Now that I have your undivided attention, let me share a few things with you. The Am Fah have not forgotten your name or what you did seven years ago."
- Jeijou, Shadow Whispered: "And now...now you've been foolish enough to return. You think you can stop the plague? You think you can stop us? As long as I breathe, this plague will never end. The secret to the Chalice rests with me. A voice blessed me with the knowledge of its creation, all those years ago."
- Jeijou, Shadow Whispered: "Do you understand now that what you're doing is futile? Come now, show me a look of despair. You're going to die here, slowly and agonizingly, so that your death will be a lesson for anybody else seeking to interfere with us."
- Xan Hei: "I think you're forgetting something, Jeijou."
- Jeijou, Shadow Whispered: "Really. Okay, I'll humor you. What would that be?"
- Xan Hei: "The people of Cantha are through with being terrorized by petty wretches like you. The Ministry of Purity fights for the people, and the people fight for themselves. We are not alone!"
- Jeijou, Shadow Whispered: "Tch! Kill every last one of them!"
After Jeijou, Shadow Whispered is defeated:
- Xan Hei: "This was a better death than you deserved. But never fear, we'll soon be sending all of your ilk to join you."
- <Party leader>: "Don't you think that's taking it too far? They're still people. There's a chance they can be brought around."
- Xan Hei: "What is the difference between evil and those who practice evil? Before you question me, ask yourself this: how many countless lives have you taken in the name of doing what was right?"
- Xan Hei
- "We've sent a powerful message to the Am Fah this day. Their stranglehold on our streets, our city, is coming to an end. The people will no longer live in fear, and they are going to take their homes back with their own hands. With this victory, it is assured that more people will hear the call of our cause. Justice is on our side, and we have the momentum. We must continue to take the fight to the Am Fah and to the Jade Brotherhood, for the sake of a stronger Cantha!"