From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Kyhlo was the name of a fortress in Ascalon, home of Ascalon's Chosen. It was besieged in 1052 AE by the Zealots of Shiverpeak, an Orrian guild. The exact location of it in Ascalon is not known, nor is it known if it was rebuilt after the attack.
- The only in-game reference to Kyhlo is the Kyhlo Axe, a weapon that can be crafted by Arthur Ayala in pre-Searing Ascalon City.
- The Battle of Kyhlo is portrayed in the Mists in Guild Wars 2.
- During the early beta events of 2004, Kyhlo was the in-game name of what is now Ascalon City; it was changed because in some translations Kyhlo sounded like Cairo and ArenaNet wanted to "keep away from real-world references." The layout of the location was very different during the beta despite both locations using post-Searing visuals and backgrounds.