Ascalon City (pre-Searing)
From Guild Wars Wiki
(Redirected from Ascalon City (outpost))Jump to navigationJump to search
|Ascalon City (pre-Searing)|
The largest city in the kingdom, Ascalon City is known for its beautiful architecture, numerous libraries, and bountiful shops. Because it is where many noble families makes[sic] their home, it tends to receive the largest number of visitors and has become the cultural center of Ascalon.
— in-game description
Ascalon City is the largest city in the Kingdom of Ascalon, on the continent of Tyria. When you create a role-playing character in Guild Wars Prophecies, this is your starting point.
- Armin Saberlin
- Baron Egan
- Prince Rurik
- Sandre Elek
- Sir Tydus
- Town Crier
- Lieutenant Langmar
- 5 Gift-Giver Pinn (collector for 1 Birthday Present Voucher)
- 2 Arthur Ayala (weaponsmith)
- 2 Elias (weaponsmith)
- 2 Sanura (merchant)
- 5 Halbrik (skill trainer)
- 2 Guild Registrar (guild registrar)
- 2 Keeth (festival hat maker)
- 2 Serenity (costume maker)
- 5 Ascalon Scribe
- 1 Ascalonian Townsfolk (see notes)
- 5 Cynn
- 1 Gwen (see notes)
- 2 Kimmes The Historian
- 1 Namar
- 1 Sandre Elek
- 2 Town Criers
Humans (Ascalon Army)
- 5 Academy Monks
- 2 Armin Saberlin
- 2,3 Ascalon Guards
- 7 Baron Egan
- 10 King Adelbern (see notes)
- 20 Lieutenant Langmar
- 10 Prince Rurik
- 2 Sir Tydus
- Note: enemies cannot be reached by players.
- When sitting on the north wall in Ascalon, death can occur from a Charr attack or spell.
- Characters in outposts and towns do not gain natural health regeneration.
- This does not affect the Survivor title.
- King Adelbern appears in two different spots: with the Ascalon Scribe looking over the battle, and on the stairs on the northern side of the lake where Sir Tydus is in Post-Searing.
- The small lake near Sir Tydus is the new location of Ascalon City after the Searing.
- Behind a wall, near the site of the battle, there seems to be a Resurrection Shrine, since all the Ascalonian Guards' corpses appear there after death and, after a few seconds, they do the normal resurrection shrine animation, then rejoin the battle.
- If you hold down the Show Others key (Left Alt by default), you can see Gwen behind the western wall of the city. She, and 3 townsfolk are standing near where Lady Althea stands when you go outside the town, near her theatre.
- Newly created Prophecies role-playing characters are visible to other players while watching the Last Day Dawns cinematic. The area in which they stand is unreachable, close to King Adelbern and the Ascalon Scribe.
Anomaly.The Guild Registrar (NPC) is missing from International Districts.
- Ashkelon was a large and important seaport in ancient Canaan. Its name was later interpreted as "Ascalon" by the English Crusaders. The "Battle of Ascalon" is generally considered to be the last battle of the First Crusade. It was finally destroyed for the last time in 1270 CE by the Mamluks. The ruins rest in what is now Israel's South District.
|Towns and outposts in pre-Searing Ascalon|
|Ascalon City • Ashford Abbey • Foible's Fair • Fort Ranik • The Barradin Estate|
|Explorable areas • Landmarks|