Charr at the Gate
|Charr at the Gate|
|Given by||Prince Rurik |
in Pre-Searing Ascalon City
(Click to enlarge)
- Follow Rurik and help him defeat the Charr.
- Return to Prince Rurik for your reward.
- 200 Experience
- Long Sword of Shelter
- Can be salvaged
At several locations Rurik will stop and wait for you if you wander too far, forcing you to get close to him to resume his run.
Kill the four Charr located at the gate once you get there. You can let Rurik and the two NPCs handle them on their own, as they are more than capable to defeat the group by themselves.
Though the monk that follows Prince Rurik is quite an efficient healer with her Heal Other spell, you may wish to keep your distance from the Charr if you are at low level.
You can talk to Rurik right afterwards for your reward or map travel and receive it from him in Ascalon City.
- 10 Prince Rurik
- See also: Ascalon Army
Charr (a random group of 4)
- 5 Charr Blade Warrior
- 5 Charr Stalker
- 4 Charr Martyr
- 5 Charr Ash Walker
- 5 Charr Mind Spark
- 5 Charr Fire Caller
- Prince Rurik
- "A group of Charr have broken through the gates! They must be stopped at all costs! Meet me at the gates just outside of town in Lakeside. What say you? Will you help me drive these Charr from fair Ascalon?"
- Prince Rurik: "To the gate! Follow me!"
- Prince Rurik: "Quickly! This way!"
- Prince Rurik: "Stand your ground!"
- Prince Rurik: "That's the last of them!"
- Prince Rurik
- That should teach them to fear the might of Ascalon! You fought well. I see great deeds in your future, young [Character Name].
- This quest can be used to help reach level 10 in pre-Searing, since it is a quick way to kill up to four level 5 foes. Map travel back to Ascalon City after killing the last charr, abandon the quest from the quest log, then talk to Rurik to take it again.
- Since the June 6, 2018 update it is possible for a solo player to open the lever and pass through the gate into The Northlands and kill the lvl5 weak Oakhearts there, a worthwhile step to lengthen a run.
- Consider stopping to pickup a Red Iris Flower — one almost always spawns along the way to the gate. Press Alt to see where it is.
- It can be worth a detour to kill the Rogue Bull (as long as you have not completed A Mesmer's Burden).