Charr in the Catacombs
|Charr in the Catacombs|
|Given by||Prince Rurik |
in Pre-Searing Ascalon City
|Preceded by||Trouble in the Woods|
From Ashford Abbey entrance
From Green Hills County entrance
After you help Devona defeat the Grawl attack in the Trouble in the Woods quest, Prince Rurik asks that you investigate how the Charr Ranger seen leading the Grawl attack is getting into Ascalon without anyone the wiser.
- Tyrian (Prophecies) character
- Character in pre-Searing
- Find out if the Charr Ranger is using the catacombs. Speak to Brother Mhenlo in Ashford Abbey.
- Ask Necromancer Munne if she has any information on the Charr.
- Seek out Oberan the Reviled deep within the catacombs. Ask him about the Charr Ranger.
- Return to Rurik in Ascalon City and show him the Sharp Charr Tooth.
- 250 Experience
- 100 Gold
Simply go to Ashford Abbey to talk to Brother Mhenlo. Necromancer Munne is to your right as you enter the Catacombs. Oberan the Reviled is a bit harder to get to from Necromancer Munne's position, as you have to fight your way through various undead and Deadly Crypt Spiders (just keep following quest marker on the Mission Map). As an alternative, it's easier and faster to get to Oberan from the Green Hills County entrance, north of the Barradin Estate. After you obtain the Sharp Charr Tooth from him, you can just map back to Ascalon City for your reward.
- Prince Rurik
- "The Charr agent that you and Devona witnessed leading the Grawl worries me greatly. I've questioned the guards and many of the townsfolk, but none have seen him. I suspect that he is using the catacombs to move through the countryside unseen. My men are all busy safeguarding the Wall, and I can spare none of them. If you are willing, I'd like you to go into the catacombs to see if you can find any evidence as to where this Charr is hiding. Perhaps Brother Mhenlo at the Abbey has seen something."
- Brother Mhenlo
- "A Charr Ranger south of the Wall? Rurik is right to be worried. I have seen nothing, but perhaps Mistress Munne can offer you some assistance. She is much more familiar with the catacombs than I."
- Necromancer Munne
- "Rurik is wise to suspect the Charr of moving through the catacombs. They are fraught with much danger, but if you were familiar with them they could lead you to almost any region in Ascalon. Seek out my associate Oberan the Reviled. He makes his home deep in the catacombs and will know if any Charr have ventured there."
- Oberan the Reviled
- "You come here seeking Charr? You were wise to seek out Oberan, for no creature, be they living or dead, moves through here without my knowledge. This Charr that you seek comes often to the underground, but he does not make his lair here. The spirits of this place would not tolerate him should he seek to take up residence. If you require proof of his presence, take this...it's a token he left behind during one of his encounters with the denizens of this place. Now then, leave me to my studies. Return to the world of light." (Gives you a Sharp Charr Tooth)
- Prince Rurik
- "This is proof enough. You have served Ascalon well this day. I will mobilize the troops and search for this beast."
- This is a good way to get to Oberan the Reviled for Necromancers to grab the skill quest the Accursed Path, as this quest leads you straight to him.