The Poison Devourer
|The Poison Devourer|
|Given by|| Baron Egan |
in Pre-Searing Ascalon City
(Click to enlarge)
- Tyrian (Prophecies) character
- Completed primary profession test (elementalist, mesmer, monk, necromancer, ranger, or warrior)
- Character in pre-Searing
- Level 2 or higher
- Cross the river and destroy the plague devourer to get a poisonous stinger.
- Deliver the poisonous stinger to Brother Mhenlo in Ashford Abbey.
Leave Ascalon City to Lakeside County. Once in Lakeside County travel south along the stone path. When the path meets up with the water cross the river. Travel east until you find the entrance to the cave. Venture into the cave and fight off all of the Carrion Devourers until you reach the Plagued Devourer. Once you have killed it collect the poisonous stinger and travel to Ashford Abbey to give them to Brother Mhenlo.
- Baron Egan
- "The devourer cave southwest of town has always been a source of danger to the people of Lakeside County, but they have learned to be vigilant and to defend themselves from beasts. Unfortunately, I've been hearing recently of a new sort of devourer with a poisonous sting."
- "I'd like you to find one of these creatures, kill it, and take its poisonous stinger to Brother Mhenlo in Ashford Abbey."
- Accept: "You can count on me."
- Decline: "I have my own troubles."
- Ask: "What seems to be the problem? Are you having trouble finding the cave or your courage? If you go southwest from town and then go south across the water at the first opportunity, you will find the island where the devourer cave is located. It should not be difficult to search the island for a cave entrance from there."
- Brother Mhenlo
- "Is the poisonous stinger intact? Yes, it's perfect, and there's enough here that I can begin work on an antidote."
- Since a devourer has two tails it will drop two stingers, however only one of them is needed to complete the quest, the other one can be discarded or ignored.