From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- This article is about the pre-Searing NPC. For the Ebon Vanguard leader, see Captain Langmar.
Lieutenant Samantha Langmar (born 1045 AE) is an officer of the Ascalon Vanguard and offers daily Vanguard Quests.
Quests change at 16:01 UTC (9:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time). The current available quest, as of 07:43, 23 March 2023 UTC, is in bold:
- Vanguard Annihilation: Bandits
- Vanguard Bounty: Utini Wupwup
- Vanguard Rescue: Save the Ascalonian Noble
- Vanguard Annihilation: Undead
- Vanguard Bounty: Blazefiend Griefblade
- Vanguard Rescue: Farmer Hamnet
- Vanguard Annihilation: Charr
- Vanguard Bounty: Countess Nadya
- Vanguard Rescue: Footman Tate
- "Hail! I am Lieutenant Langmar of the Ascalon Vanguard. Our forces are spread thin with the increased Charr presence, so if you are looking for some experience on the battlefield, we could always use another willing soldier."
While a previous quest is active:
- "While your eagerness is commendable, you still have not completed the last assignment I gave you. Come talk to me once you have completed your orders and I may have a new assignment for you."
If you do not meet the requirements for accepting daily quests from her:
- "I am Langmar of the Ascalon Vanguard. After you have some more experience under your belt, I may have some tasks for you."
- Langmar offers a rotating cycle of nine daily quests to characters that are at least level 10.
- The Daily activities page offers an overview of upcoming quests.
- If a quest is left in the quest log until Langmar offers it again, she will not offer it to that character that day, even if the previous version is handed in.
- A character may only have one Vanguard Quest active at a time.
- Characters with an active Vanguard Quest in their Quest Log will receive an armor boost while in any explorable area. Those traveling with quest takers will not have the bonus.
- Each quest awards 1,000 experience and 50 gold.
- There is at least one Vanguard Quest for every pre-Searing explorable area except Lakeside County.
- Vanguard foes have the following properties:
- Their level is determined by the party member with the lowest level. If a party member is lower than level 10, they do not spawn at all.
- They do not drop any loot, even during special events.
- If you level up to level 14 or 17 while in an explorable area, you will have to rezone to spawn the higher-level foes.
- These quests can be used to power level by leaving them uncompleted and rezoning simply to kill the higher-level foes.
- Vanguard Bounty targets keep their location if you rezone. This means you can check some of the possible locations from one outpost, then rezone to another outpost to check the rest.
- All quest objectives must be completed within the same instance; partial completion progress is not stored.
Bug.A character will lose the opportunity to take a quest the next time it appears in the rotation if after accepting the quest reward and before the next time that quest appears in the rotation that character does not change districts, zone, nor log out and log back in. Note that switching characters, or logging out and back in, will not work if you do not return to your pre-searing character before the quest resets.
- The Lieutenant is one of three pre-Searing characters that can be ordinarily found at level 20; the other two are Professor Yakkington and his companion, Nicholas Sandford.
- Lieutenant Langmar and her quests were added in the March 3, 2011 update, so that players would be able to earn the Legendary Defender of Ascalon title without death leveling.
- Langmar survives the Searing and becomes Captain Langmar of the Ebon Vanguard.