Vanguard Bounty: Countess Nadya
|Vanguard Bounty: Countess Nadya|
|Given by|| Lieutenant Langmar |
in Pre-Searing Ascalon City
Possible locations of Countess Nadya.
The most efficient way to locate the position of the countess is to enter Regent Valley from Fort Ranik and head to the southern most marked point on the map to the right. If the countess is not at that location, the next three possible sites can be hit consecutively.
When the countess is located, it is best to pull any wandering groups of firestarters or raiders and avoid aggro with the countess. When confronting the countess, immediately cast firestorm/backfire before engaging or/and use your pet/minions/fire imp as a meatshield to survive the countess's powerful Backfire and Empathy. If lucky, she'll use Shatter Delusions and remove the hex on her own. If your character is a caster, you can also wield a martial weapon: the AI will never use Backfire on foes wielding a martial weapon.
The level of the foes depends on that of the party member with the lowest level:
Party level Raider, Firestarter Countess Nadya 10...13 8 10 14...16 11 14 17...20 15 18
- Lieutenant Langmar
- "Blasted royalists! It's a shame to see many of the most distinguished Ascalonians become nothing better than lowly bandits over political nonsense. Duke Barradin himself recognizes the legitimacy of Adelbern's rule, and still they persist in trying to hand Adelbern's crown over to the Duke.
- We believe the former Countess Nadya is the one pulling the royalists' strings and sowing dissent among them. By order of the Ascalon Vanguard, she has been deemed a traitor and must be sent to Grenth's impending judgment. If you feel you have what it takes to complete this task, go to Regent Valley and strike her down!"
- Countess Nadya: "You will die for serving the false king, Adelbern!"
- Lieutenant Langmar
- "With the loss of their leader, hopefully the royalists will realize this is a lost cause and embrace Adelbern's rule."
- Similarly to all Vanguard Bounty targets, the Countess will speak the Intermediate Dialogue if you come close enough to her spawning point. If she's already dead when you do, one of the other quest-related Bandits nearby will say the dialogue instead.
- This quest occasionally spawns lone bandits near the portals in Regent Valley. This includes a spawn near Fort Ranik, which will lead to the death of Mary Malone.