From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Hex Spell. For 10 seconds, whenever target foe casts a spell, that foe takes 35...119...140 damage.
- Click to view
- Concise description
- Primary Training (Churrhir Fields)
- Choose Your Secondary Profession (Churrhir Fields)
- Halbrik (Ascalon City - pre-Searing)
- Sir Bertran (Ascalon City)
- Dakk (Ember Light Camp)
- Any skill trainer
- Pain Inverter
- Soul Leech (elite)
- Spiteful Spirit (elite)
- Spoil Victor (elite)
- Visions of Regret (elite)
- Wastrel's Worry and Demise can be used as cover hexes and to pressure the target to act prematurely.
- The damage is triggered by successful activation of a spell, but it is applied before the spell takes effect. Accordingly, targets will take damage if they use a spell to remove Backfire; they can also die by casting a healing spell.
- Similar to Chaos Storm, the AI in normal mode will only use this skill on a foe wielding a staff or wand, even if the potential target is a spellcaster-primary profession foe with 8 spells on their skill bar. [verification requested]
- The figure in this skill icon is also used in the skill icon for Desperation Blow.