Cleansing the Shrine
|Cleansing the Shrine|
|Given by|| Mei Ling |
in Sunqua Vale
(Shing Jea Island)
|Preceded by||Locate Mei Ling|
|Followed by||Track Down Lo Sha|
|Type|| Primary quest|
(Profession: primary or secondary)
- Travel to the Shrine of Maat.
- Cure Brother Sitai of his affliction and restore order at the Shrine of Maat.
- See Mei Ling for your reward.
Follow the quest arrow to the Shrine of Maat and kill any enemies that attack your party on the way. You'll know you're at the Shrine if you see a couple of NPCs outside of the temple talking about Brother Sitai. Brother Sitai is located in the Shrine of Maat itself, and you'll notice he has a hex on him. Simply target Brother Sitai and use a hex removal skill on him, and the quest will be completed.
- Mei Ling
- "What a fortunate time to begin your training. The priest who tends the Shrine of Maat in Sunqua Vale seems to have been Hexed with an unusually powerful experimental Illusion and has become a danger to himself and those around him. Please travel to the Shrine of Maat and cure Brother Sitai of his unfortunate problem. You will need to bring along a Hex-removal skill in order to complete this lesson."
- Accept: "It is an honor to serve."
- Decline: "I must prepare first."
- Ask: "I think Headmaster Kaa would be pleased if his...that is, this experimental Illusion was disposed of. See to Brother Sitai at the Shrine of Maat, if you would."
- After hex removal
- Brother Sitai: "You have my eternal gratitude, friend. I was not my self."
- Faozun: "Thank you so much. Now my journey will not have been in vain."
- Je Ling: "Oh, thank you for restoring that poor priest to his rightful self! I must make my offering now."
- Guardsman Po: "Very impressive. I thank you for handling that. I wish I had been able to myself."
- Brother Sitai: "I must remove yesterday's offerings so our visitors can leave more offerings today."
- Faozun: "I come here every year to make my offering to Maat."
- Je Ling: "My brother has gone on a journey over the mountains, and I appeal to Maat to keep him safe."
- Guardsman Po: "All spirits of Nature [sic] must be appeased."
- Brother Sitai: "I must keep the shrine in pristine condition at all times. Scattered offerings anger the spirit."
- Mei Ling
- "I appreciate your efforts and your discretion. Headmaster Kaa is a great man, but sometimes his enthusiasm and thirst for knowledge get ahead of his... Ah, nevermind. You have done well."