|Region||Shing Jea Island|
Minister Cho's Estate
Shing Jea Monastery
Sunqua Vale is an idyllic location nestled between the mountains and the southwestern cliffs of Shing Jea Island. It includes portions of the short east-west mountain range of which Tomaat Pass leads from the Shrine of Maat towards the western coast of the island. The lowland areas of this area are sparsely populated by simple Mantids and wandering Kappa. Towards the western end, near Lake Puang, some Naga can be encountered. The snowy mountain range is slightly more dangerous, with bands of Sensali Tengu and the Crimson Skull patrolling about.
This is the first explorable area where new players will encounter hostile enemies. The Mantids (excluding a few in Zhengjo Temple), Kappa, and Naga in the area are passive until attacked first, but the Sensali, the Yetis, and the Crimson skull band encountered in the northern mountainous paths do attack on aggro.
Exit from either Shing Jea Monastery, Minister Cho's Estate, or Tsumei Village. Quite a few quests from the monastery will lead you out here.
- Resurrection shrines with a statue
- Avatar of Dwayna
- East, at the exit into Shing Jea Monastery.
- Champion of Balthazar
- North, at the exit into Minister Cho's Estate.
- Lyssa's Muse
- In the snowy mountainous area, east of the Shrine of Maat.
- Melandru's Watcher
- Southwest, at the exit into Tsumei Village.
- Voice of Grenth
- West, at the exit into Kinya Province.
Note: these quests are only available to Canthan (Factions) characters.
- Mei Ling
- Professor Gai
- Reng Ku
- Sister Tai
- Talon Silverwing
- Wulk Cragfist
- 3 (22) Water Buffalo
- 10 (20) Debiro Kuri (collector for 5 Naga Hides)
- 10 (20) Hai Lae (collector for 3 Kappa Hatchling Shells)
- 10 (20) Marik Kuri (collector for 3 Mantid Pincers)
- 10 (20) Seung Kim (collector for 5 Feathered Scalps)
- 10 (20) Sahnlae the Tamer (pet tamer)
- 10 (20) Talon Silverwing
- 10 (20) Sujun
- 10 (20) Sister Tai
- 10 (20) Reng Ku
- 10 (20) Mei Ling
- 10 (20) Ronsu
- 10 (20) Jinzo
- 10 (20) Professor Gai
- 10 (20) Canthan Guards (several patrolling near Zhengjo Temple and Minister Cho's Estate)
- 10 (20) Brother Sitai
- 12 (20) Wulk Cragfist (must be defeated before he will give the quest Revenge of the Yeti)
- 20 Guardsman Zui
- 3 Tiger
- 9 (23) Lesser Oni (hidden a short way northwest from the exit into Tsumei Village)
- 3 (22) Crimson Skull Raider
- 7 (23) Crimson Skull Hunter
- 3 (22) Crimson Skull Mender
- 3 (22) Crimson Skull Mesmer
- 3 (22) Crimson Skull Ritualist
- 1 (22) Kappa
- 5 (23) Mantid Glitterfang (a random single spawn inside Zhengjo Temple)
- 1 (22) Mantid Monitor
- 0 (22) Mantid Monitor Hatchling
- 6 (23) Mantid Darkwing (a random single spawn inside Zhengjo Temple)
- 2 (22) Mantid Drone
- 0 (22) Mantid Drone Hatchling
- 2 (22) Naga Welp
- 2 (22) Naga Spellblade
- 2 (22) Naga Sibyl
- 4 (23) Sensali Fighter
- 5 (23) Sensali Blood
- 5 (23) Sensali Assassin
- 12 (24) Red Yeti
- 12 (20) Wulk Cragfist (turns friendly upon defeat)
- 6 (26) Jin the Skull Bow (Jin's Hornbow)
- 6 (26) Yingko the Skull Claw (Yingko's Claw)
- 6 (20) Ziinjuu Life Crawler (Ziinjuu's Sanctuary)
- 6 (26) Yunlai Deathkeeper (The Deathkeeper) (does not always spawn)
- These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- These festival quests will also affect the spawns in this area:
- Complete exploration of this area adds approximately 3.3% to the Canthan Cartographer title track.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 135 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 98 to 152 foes.
- The fewest number of foes spawn during A Strange Request, which is part of the Dragon Festival.
- A group of Kappa will jump out of the water if you approach too close the southeastern waterfront.
- Similarly, a group of Naga will show up at the eastern end of the bridge over Lake Puang.
- A single, hidden Lesser Oni can be found a short distance northwest from the Tsumei Village portal.
- Around 3 groups of Crimson Skull drop from trees on the northern edge of the snowy area.
- Zhengjo Temple has hidden single Mantids everywhere that spawn one at a time after you kill the visible Mantid Monitor next to their spawn spot. In total 2-3 hidden ones spawn for each visible enemy.
- The Kappa and Mantids are hostile to each other, though they will only fight in Hard mode. The Red Yeti and a nearby Sensali are hostile to each other, and may both die fighting.