Domination Magic (quest)
|Given by||Vassar |
in Foible's Fair
(Click to enlarge)
- Head east from Foible's Fair to the woods. Destroy the skale brood.
- Return to Vassar for your reward.
- 250 Experience
Leave from Foible's Fair and head east then south-east. The woods are teamed with bandits and black bears, the latter being hostile and lvl3 but not really a threat. Just watch out as usual for Flare spammer bandits ; your new skill backfire is helpful against them.
Once you have the river skale brood in compass range, it will begin moving along the path accross the woods towards Foible's Fair (so if you came from Foible's Fair it should come your way). It has an extended aggro range so beware not being overwhelmed.
The drake brood is a dangerous foe for low level characters, capable of both healing with Aura of Restoration and dealing damage with Ice Spear. Maintain Backfire as much as possible and refrain from removing it too soon with Shatter Delusions.
- "Elementalists may frighten lackwits with no greater concept of combat than striking someone with an over-sized mallet, but any Mesmer worth his salt is a far greater threat than a robed buffoon who likes to play with fire."
- "It's true Mesmers are often discounted for their use of illusions, but the most masterful Mesmers eschew illusions for mental domination. A small army of skale are marching through the woods to the east. I will teach you a few skills that should help you dispatch them far better than the brute force an Elementalist would employ. Then you will know what it is like to wield real power."
- "The skale have been eliminated, you say? Excellent. Our little mountain paradise will remain undisturbed, and you've demonstrated once again that even the most ignorant Mesmer is far superior to an army of Elementalists."