Vanguard Annihilation: Undead
From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Vanguard Annihilation: Undead|
|Given by||Lieutenant Langmar |
in Pre-Searing Ascalon City
(Click to enlarge)
- Tyrian (Prophecies) character
- Character in pre-Searing
- Level 10 or higher
- Find and kill the Undead Necromancers inside the Catacombs. [6...0] remain.
- See Lieutenant Langmar for your reward.
- 1,000 Experience
- 50 Gold
- 8, 11, 15 Restless Corpse
- 8, 11, 15 Undead Illusionist
- 9, 12, 16 Undead Necromancer
The level of the foes depends on that of the party member with the lowest level:
Party level Restless Corpse &
Undead Necromancer 10...13 8 9 14...16 11 12 17...20 15 16
- Lieutenant Langmar
- "Necromancer Munne may not want to admit it, but the number of roaming undead in the Catacombs is getting dangerous. Each day there are more decomposing abominations roaming the dark halls of that place. Recently, we've even encountered some making their way to the surface and frightening the locals. Or worse, attacking them!
- We have discovered that the increasing number of undead in the Catacombs is caused by several powerful Undead Necromancers whose tombs have been disturbed. They are now going through the Catacombs, animating every corpse they come across. Go to the Catacombs and put those Necromancers back to rest, so we don't have to worry about walking dead in addition to Charr. Unless, of course, you're afraid of the dark..."
- Lieutenant Langmar
- "There now, that wasn't so bad, was it?"
- The Undead Necromancer just north of Ashford Abbey zone will kill the gargoyles as you approach and create minions; because of this, it is advised to trigger its spawn then go kill the other necromancers so that the minions will die on their own. You can also opt to spike the Necromancer first so that its underlings have to fend off the masterless minions.
- Several active quests can provide allies :
- A Monk's Mission and Rites of Remembrance will spawn allies in the area with the Swamp Water. Respectively, Paulus the Abbot, a level 3 ally with skills dealing holy damage, and several Restless Spirits, level 10 allies.
- The Necromancer's Novice will have Necromancer Munne, a level 5 ally, guide you to the area before the spiders. However, you have to talk to her and this will override your secondary profession skills with necromancer skills.