A Monk's Mission
|A Monk's Mission|
|Given by|| Brother Mhenlo |
in Ashford Abbey
|Type|| Secondary quest|
(Profession: primary or secondary)
(Click to enlarge)
- Tyrian (Prophecies) character
- primary or secondary
- Completed primary profession test (elementalist, mesmer, monk, necromancer, ranger, or warrior)
- Character in pre-Searing
- Meet with Paulus inside the Catacombs.
- Go with Paulus and use your healing prayers to make sure he survives.
- Return to Brother Mhenlo for your reward.
- Brother Mhenlo will give you the following skills upon taking the quest:
- 250 Experience
Upon receiving the quest in Ashford Abbey, head through the portal into the Catacombs. Paulus will be waiting just outside the entrance. When you approach him, he will start walking. Simply follow him and make sure he doesn't die in the fights with the Raging Cadavers and Restless Corpses, and stay close by him at all times so he doesn't stop walking. When you reach the poison water, again, make sure he stays alive. Allow Paulus to collect the Unusual Artifact and keep following him until you both reach the entrance to Ashford Abbey. Wait for the quest to update then walk through the portal and collect your reward from Mhenlo.
- Brother Mhenlo
- "One of the tasks my messengers have been given is collecting the rare elements in Ascalon for study here at the abbey. My young friend Paulus thinks he has discovered such a treasure in one of the flooded areas of the catacombs, but he cannot reach it on his own. Paulus, you see, is a smiting Monk and not very adept at healing magic, and the waters in that area of the catacombs are full of disease."
- "I will grant you a simple healing spell. Meet Paulus inside the catacombs, and he will show you where the trouble is. Return to me when Paulus has successfully retrieved the artifact."
- Paulus the Abbot: "Try to keep up."
- Paulus the Abbot: "I'm glad Brother Mhenlo sent you to help. We must hurry."
- Paulus the Abbot: "Here we are. Are you ready?"
- Brother Mhenlo
- "You have done quite well for your first task. Paulus reports his findings are most promising, and I think you might have great promise as well to advance among Monks."