Kimmes The Historian
|Kimmes The Historian|
|Level(s)||2, 2 (20)|
Eye of the North
Kimmes The Historian is an Ascalonian historian studying the Hall of Monuments. He enables players to choose whether to display an individual character's Hall of Monuments or an account-based Hall. He also appears in pre-Searing, where he allows players who have maxed their Legendary Defender of Ascalon, Survivor, Sweet Tooth, Drunkard, or Party Animal title tracks to unlock those statues for their account-wide Hall of Monuments without having to leave the tutorial.
- Eye of the North
- Ether Feast (Hall of Monuments)
- Ascalon City (pre-Searing)
(The dialogue available depends on the titles obtained by the character when speaking to Kimmes.)
- "I've come here looking to document the stories of only the greatest of achievements. Tell me, what is it about you that makes you incredible?"
- Among those that have stood in Ascalon's defense, I am legendary. (LDoA)
- I can and will drink anyone under the table. (Drunk title track)
- You will find no palette more refined than mine for sweets and treats. (Sweet tooth title track)
- Everywhere that I go, I'm the center of attention. Just being with me is a party. (Party animal title track)
- No foe has ever bested me in battle. (Survivor title track)
- Completed track: "Fascinating! Your accomplishment is truly a monumental one, and will be recorded accordingly."
- Incomplete track: "I am sure that you think that, but you've still got a ways to go."
- Sorry, I'm not yet ready to be judged for my greatness.
- Hall of Monuments
- "The Hall of Monuments is an amazing testament to the power of its creators. I journeyed here from Ascalon to study this mysterious structure and document the deeds being recorded within by adventurers such as you. My research in this area has led to the discovery and restoration of magics long dormant within the Hall which allows you to reliably manipulate the version it chooses to display for you. You can even view the accomplishments for an entire group of related adventurers at once!"
- Show me my Account's [sic] accomplishments. or Show me my personal accomplishments.
- "Consider it done."
- Show me my legacy. (opens webpage hom.guildwars2.com)
- Enjoying the Wayfarer's Reverie? (during Wayfarer's Reverie)
- "Yes, indeed. Over the years I've researched this structure, I've seen many adventurers travel through here, looking for a place to enshrine the mementos of their journey. The memories in these halls are surely countless in number."
- I'll be on my way.
- Olafstead (The Wedding)
- "Perhaps now they will stop flirting and bickering in the Hall of Monuments as if I weren't standing RIGHT THERE."
- In Pre-Searing Ascalon, Kimmes can only dedicate titles for the Hall of Monuments Reward Calculator account-wide. This means the personal Hall of Monuments statues for these titles themselves do not appear until a character dedicates them directly.
- He is named after Joe Kimmes.
- The NPC was originally referred to as "Joe the Historian" as a temporary name during early stages of HoM testing of the new changes; it became official when Linsey Murdock went through and fixed up all the text. 
- Joe is glad the NPC is not "continually recasting Hex Breaker like some of the Hall's occupants." 
- Unlike the other occupants of the Hall, he will be attacked and killed by unbound minions.
- He was introduced to the game with the 4th Anniversary Update. On March 3rd 2011 update, he was added to pre-Searing so that players could get credit for titles earned by their permanent pre-Searing characters.
- He wears Mesmer Tyrian armor.
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Kimmes the Historian.|