Drunkard title track
You progress the title by consuming any of a variety alcoholic beverages, each of which adds either 1 or 3 points to the title. (Drinks also cause the player to become Drunk, changing the display in a variety of ways if post-processing effects are enabled.)
- Reducing acquisition costs
- Farming special events:
- By giving certain items to special collectors that offer alcohol.
- Through any high rate-of-kill farm, when random drops include alcohol (or gifts that drop alcohol).
- By trading with other players (the market value of drinks often drops during holidays, due to the increased supply).
- Muling drinks from Ascalon (pre-Searing)
- Gathering other gifts that are likely to drop alcohol, including Gifts of the Traveler and Royal Gifts.
- Farming various Eye of the North quests for Dwarven Ale and Aged Dwarven Ale.
- Once you are drunk, others around you will also notice you are drinking, as you will no longer have complete control over what your character says and does. See Drunk for other details.
- The March 3, 2011 update to The Drunkard title now awards points based upon the number and strength of drinks consumed. Before this update, a character's progress in the Drunkard title track was determined by the time spent drunk. Thus, making drunk points spammable.
We've changed the method of acquisition for this title, so that players now earn points directly from consuming drinks. The amount of points players earn depends on how strong the drink is. Players previously attained points by having characters spend time drunk, maxing out at 10,000 minutes. This method was convoluted and not clearly explained; players did not receive points unless they were at a minimum tier of drunkenness. Because players went down a tier for every minute spent drunk, many players had to use counterintuitive methods for keeping track of their progress on the title. The new version of acquisition is easier to understand and does not rely on hidden systems. The change does not significantly affect the cost of obtaining the title; however, it does spare people the necessity of spending seven days of real time inebriated in-game.
People who have already maxed out this title will not be affected. People who are currently working on the title will have their progress converted to the new title format, so that no progress will have been lost.
— Developer updates
|Core||Cartographer • Drunkard • Guardian • Maxed Titles • Party Animal • Protector • Skill Hunter • Survivor • Sweet Tooth • Vanquisher|
|Prophecies||Legendary Defender of Ascalon|
|Nightfall||Lightbringer • Sunspear|
|Eye of the North||Asura • Deldrimor • Ebon Vanguard • Master of the North • Norn|
|All campaigns||Legendary Cartographer • Legendary Guardian • Legendary Skill Hunter • Legendary Vanquisher|
|Core||Champion • Codex • Gamer • Gladiator • Hero • Lucky • Treasure Hunter • Unlucky • Wisdom • Zaishen|
|Factions||Kurzick • Luxon|