From Guild Wars Wiki
- "Welcome to "Heroes' Ascent." We Zaishen have the sacred duty of serving as stewards of this entrance, ensuring that the entrance to the tournament is gained by that which it celebrates: skill. If you cannot make it past our Zaishen Elite, you would do well by some practice. Balthazar has no use for the weak."
- "There are many different types of challenges that you will encounter on the Ascent, including Annihilation, Capture the Relic, and King of the Hill matches."
- "The King of the Hill match pits two teams against each other in a contest to control a strategic altar on the map. The Ghostly Hero aligned with your team needs five seconds to take control of the altar. Protect him well, and you will succeed. Those who hold the altar receive a full team resurrection every two minutes during the match."
- "In Annihilation matches, you will win by wiping out all opposing teams. Some Annihilation matches include priests that will resurrect fallen allies... target the enemy priest to earn a morale boost!"
- "Capture the Relic is a match style that challenges one team to collect more sacred relics than the other. Return Relics to your side's Ghostly Hero and score a point for each; eliminate the opposing Ghostly Hero to give your team a morale boost. Like the King of the Hill, Capture the Relic features no priests, only resurrection shrines."