"Victory or Death!"
From Guild Wars Wiki
Skill. For 90 seconds, you deal 10% more damage and whenever you are healed, you receive 10% less healing.
- Concise description
Skill. (90 seconds.) You do 10% more damage and are healed for 10% less.
- "Victory or Death!" was a skill used by NPCs at the 18 minute mark during a GvG battle. It has unlimited range and gives everyone +10% damage. NPCs will do 30% more damage, and an additional 5% more damage each minute after Victory or Death.
- At Victory or Death NPCs (except for the Guild Thief and Guild Lord) advance to the center of the map in three waves, normally to the flag stand. The first wave, containing four archers, leaves the base at 18 minutes. The second wave, containing another four archers, leaves 15 seconds after the first wave. The last wave, containing two knights and the bodyguard, leaves 15 seconds after the second wave. The Guild Lord marches towards the center at the 20 minute mark.
- At the same time "Victory is Ours!" also activates giving additional damage to the teams.
- Trebuchets no longer work after Victory or Death.
- This skill was a shout before the 15 June 2007 game update.
- This skill also reduced player health but was changed in the 17 January 2008 game update
- "Victory or death" is a principle that militaries have used throughout the centuries, from Knights Templar to WWII.
- "Victory or Death!" was what Julius Caesar shouted to his men before the fight against Pompey at 48 BC in Battle of Pharsalus.
- This was removed with the 7 August 2008 update.