From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- 1 Update - Thursday, January 17, 2008
- 1.1 Skill Updates
- 1.2 Bug Fixes
- 1.3 Miscellaneous
- 1.4 Open Travel: Territory and District UI Changes
- 1.5 Guild Wars Wiki Notes
Update - Thursday, January 17, 2008
We will be evaluating the following changes over the course of the next week. Additional adjustments may be made during that time period.
Guild versus Guild
- Archers: now have Precision Shot.
- Footmen: now have Pure Strike.
- Knights: now have Warrior's Cunning.
- Victory or Death: reduced the damage bonus to +15%; removed the maximum Health reduction. Guild Lords now prioritize other Guild Lords over players as targets.
- Caltrops: decreased recharge time to 10 seconds.
- Heart of Shadow: functionality changed to: "You are healed for 30..150 Health and Shadow Step to a nearby random location."
- Scorpion Wire: decreased recharge time to 10 seconds.
- Viper's Defense: changed Skill type to a spell; increased casting time to .25 seconds; functionality changed to: "All adjacent foes are Poisoned for 5..20 seconds, you Shadow Step to a nearby random location."
- Pious Assault: increased Energy cost to 10; functionality changed to: "You lose 1 Enchantment. If this attack hits, you deal +5..20 damage and inflict a Deep Wound for 5..20 seconds."
- Chilling Winds: increased duration to 30 seconds.
- Elemental Flame: increased Burning duration to 3..5 seconds.
- Glyph of Essence: decreased recharge time to 20 seconds.
- Hex Eater Vortex: decreased damage to 30..90; increased recharge to 15 seconds.
- Kitah's Burden: reduced recharge time to 30 seconds.
- Ethereal Burden: reduced recharge time to 30 seconds.
- Mind Wrack: increased duration to 30 seconds.
- Wastrel's Worry: increased damage to 20..80.
- Aura of Stability: decreased duration to 1..16 seconds.
- Divine Healing: increased the area of effect to earshot.
- Heaven's Delight: increased the area of effect to earshot.
- Patient Spirit: decreased duration to 2 seconds; increased healing to 30..120 Health.
- Renew Life: decreased casting time to 4 seconds.
- Restore Life: decreased casting time to 4 seconds.
- Vengeance: increased damage bonus to +25%; decreased recharge time to 30 seconds.
- "Fall Back!": decreased Energy cost to 10.
- "We Shall Return!": decreased Energy cost to 5.
- Spear of Fury: increased adrenaline gain to 2..6 strikes.
- Magebane Shot: increased Energy cost to 10.
- Penetrating Attack: decreased activation time to 1 second.
- Sundering Attack: decreased activation time to 1 second.
- Power Shot: decreased activation time to 1 second.
- Precision Shot: decreased activation time to 1 second.
- Rejuvenation: increased Spirit's level to 1..16.
- Sight Beyond Sight: increased duration to 12..25 seconds.
- Sundering Weapon: now affects the next 3 attacks.
- Warmonger's Weapon: increased recharge time to 30 seconds.
- "Coward!": decreased adrenaline cost to 4 strikes.
- "You're All Alone!": increased duration to 8 seconds.
- Fixed a bug in the Eye of the North quest Kilroy Stonekin's Punch-Out Extravaganza! that occasionally prevented players who had regained full Energy from standing up after being knocked down.
- Fixed a bug in the Eye of the North quest Leader of the Pack that prevented some players from completing it.
- Fixed a bug with the Eye of the North PvE Skill Ursan Blessing that caused it to incorrectly replace some Skills when its effect expired.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a player’s profession to appear using the wrong gender-noun on the character select screen in some languages.
- Added the option to bind keys that activate Hero Skills. These keys can be bound through the "Action: Order Hero (1-3) to use Skill (1-8)" option in the Control options panel (Menu > Options > Control).
- Updated the Hero AI for the Dervish Skill, Faithful Intervention.
Open Travel: Territory and District UI Changes
- As a continuation of last year’s “Territory and District UI Changes” that saw language district restrictions removed for America and Europe, we are now removing restrictions on travel to Asian language districts.
- In this update restrictions to Korean language districts will be removed and players of American, European and Korean districts will be able to travel back and forth between these language districts.
- Restrictions on travel to Japanese and Taiwanese language districts will be removed in a subsequent build.
Guild Wars Wiki Notes
- There were also some additional translation changes in some languages.
- Title ranks are now shown with the correct gender of the bearer, they were previously shown with the gender of the viewing character. A female character would see other characters ranks as female regardless of their genders.
- Delver title rank was renamed from "Pensador" (Thinker) to "Excavador" (Digger).
- Rata Sum town was incorrectly named "Bosque de Mirto" (Mirtle Forest), now it's correctly named "Rata Sum".