|Campaign||Eye of the North|
(Click to enlarge)
Tucked between the dark granite of the mountain fastness, the Umbral Grotto is a lurking place for those who wish to keep their activities shrouded in shadow. The caverns beneath are overrun with Stone Summit Dwarves from the southern Shiverpeaks, making the grotto a dangerous place to wander.
— in-game description
This area functions as a lobby for staging organized expeditions into nearby Slavers' Exile.
From Olafstead, go southwest through Varajar Fells and into Verdant Cascades. Continue westwards from the portal. Umbral Grotto can be found in the northwest corner of this area. The primary quest The Knowledgeable Asura will also lead you through this outpost. See map on the right.
- 20 Iggon (merchant)
- 20 Ixx (rare scroll trader)
- 24 Xunlai Chests (storage)
- 10 Zaishen Scout (Embark Beach)
- 24 Grulhammer Silverfist (polymock)
- 20 Devona (Fighter)
- 20 Talon Silverwing (Guardian)
- 20 Aidan (Archer)
- 20 Zho (Interrupt)
- 20 Lina (Protection)
- 20 Mhenlo (Healer)
- 20 Eve (Blood)
- 20 Lo Sha (Illusion)
- 20 Cynn (Fire)
- 20 Herta (Earth)
- Game mechanically, this outpost is part of the Tarnished Coast; however lore-wise it is part of the "Woodland Cascades", a forested region that lies north of Kryta.
|Towns and outposts in the Tarnished Coast|
|Rata Sum • Gadd's Encampment • Tarnished Haven • Umbral Grotto • Vlox's Falls|
|Dungeons • Arenas • Explorable areas • Landmarks|