- Gallow - northeast
- Joffs - south of center
- Rekoff - southwest
- Storm - north
-- Gordon Ecker 02:20, 8 September 2007 (UTC)
Whats with the circle of these and what are they standing around? Amantis 1 February 2008
Theyre circled around a dino, presumably their next meal. I cant remember the name of the dino, but its the thing you used to raid the char base. --18.104.22.168 16:22, 26 January 2009 (UTC)
Large group of Angorodons in hard mode
I was vanquishing Riven Earth, and I ended up with everything killed except the large group of Angoradons that spawn in the middle of the southern half near the base of the floating stone bridge. They wiped my party a few times before I remembered that you can get Sokka to give you a golem. The golem isn't nearly as vulnerable to the Angoradon's tricks as my party was. I used the golem as my tank, while hiding around the corner, and was able to kill one without anyone in my weakened party dying. Then I ran away, leaving the golem to die. My plan was to come back with another golem and clear the group. The thing is, the golem didn't die. He somehow managed to kill around 5 of the Angoradons on his own, leaving me around 4 more to clean up using the same method. --Wee Tommy 03:20, 7 July 2008 (UTC)
Should it be noted...
I wounder if it should be noted that this is the only Explorable area (at least to my knowledge) with destroyers...~~anomyous
Waterfall a landmark?
I think the waterfallwith the three heads (the one shown above) should be counted as a landmark as it is very spectacular. There is places in Factions that are barly counted noticable yet a landmark. I know it is not up no me of the community but up to aNet but still, it is very beautiful.
- I think the Raptor Cave/Den should be a landmark too...but thats just me.--Crazyejackson715 00:22, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
- As far as landmarks go, I can't believe nobody mentioned the huge floating rock bridge that only exists in Riven Earth. I think it's one of the neatest sites in Guild Wars. Zoe 05:17, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
288 enemies vanquished just now Dante Broekhart 00:57, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
- 291 foes, 1hr 5min, vanq only. You need away to kill multiple resto rits and keep them down due to their love of rezing. Joffs comes with 2 other cetadons with high ar/stoneskin and aoe dmg. Group shutdowns will serve you well in the form of panic or cry of frustration/tease/complicate(exceptionally handy) or even Technobabble. As for the physicals, definitely AoE weakness and/or blind but some may say party wide block skills as simian rits have mend body and soul and like casting splinter weapon on allies (the martial ones are dervs). After all that being said, I just ran headlong into this zone and cameout with morale boost. With 7 heros and running a solid balance its hard to find a situation that would cause a vanq fail. Justice 07:35, 2 May 2011 (UTC)
I got about 299-300 enemies, 2/25/2017 ~ Zaishen Vanquish. As the prior user, Justice, mentioned the final/area boss; Joffs and his Cetadons along with the prior group of Anglodons are pretty nasty, so watch out! Party wide block skills would definitely be of great help. You reach the final group in the center by climbing up a hill with a few spiders on it then walking over a scenic collection of floating asura rocks. The large group of Anglodons overwhelmed me there and I had to walk back w/ the 7Hero-Player Support w/ a ST Ritualist. Make sure to kill the Iguanas near the G.O.L.E.M Foundry and watch out for side paths with extra groups of Simians. --LunarRXA (talk) 21:12, 9 March 2017 (UTC)
I just vanquished this area and noticed that Destroyers in front of the boss are fighting among themselves, is this normal or was it a bug?--22.214.171.124 23:41, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
- This doesn't seem to happen in normal mode. In Hard Mode there are two groups which will fight eachother. 126.96.36.199 17:23, 16 March 2010 (UTC)
The 5 Circles Asuran Construction
I was wondering if this thing had a name and at the same time why there isn't a picture on the wiki with it. Also, a farfetched trivia could be noted regarding the similarities between this asuran device and the Wormhole/Timetravel device seen in the movie Contact. Markus Clouser 18:50, 14 November 2009 (UTC)
- You mean the Golem Foundry? and i think Asura gates are closer to Stargate travel--Lord randy taylor 23:37, 28 January 2010 (UTC)
Raptor Nestling Cave blocked off if afk too long?
Has anyone else noticed if you enter Riven Earth from Rata Sum and just afk there for awhile (not sure how long) that a barrier shows up blocking off access to the raptor nestling cave? It's like what you'd see if you were in the G.O.L.E.M. mission. I've been raptor farming and seen this happen 2 times when I've failed, then rezzed at the shrine and then went afk for several hours. Also just noticed that I can walk through it, so it's just some kind of graphics glitch. Kinda odd. BladeDVD 10:11, 4 April 2010 (UTC)
I removed the last note about talking to Sokka to gain an ally because it is noted already, its like the fourth one down. And it gives a better explanation about when you can talk to him to gain the ally. The decline 07:06, 25 April 2010 (UTC)
- You kinda violated 1RR there, but since i finally noticed the earlier note, i'm cool with you reverting my revert :) - J.P.Talk 07:09, 25 April 2010 (UTC)
- Cool :) The decline 10:56, 25 April 2010 (UTC)
How to claim the ally?
A bit late, but over a year later and the note is now removed, could anyone please re-add it or explain? Knowing that I can get a golem ally would greatly help me tomorrow during Vanquishing. 188.8.131.52 00:03, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- "After completing Genius Operated Living Enchanted Manifestation, speak with Sokka to obtain an Asuran Beacon, which can be dropped to create a G.O.L.E.M. 1.0 to aid them. " — Current article
- The note is still there. — Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 00:16, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
i was leeching for rep with a raptor farmer, one time we zoned in and 6/8 of us died instantly with no foes nearby or nothing (me and another stayed alive). this happened 3 times (not in a row)... it also happened a further 2 times (ironically this time i was the only one alive). this had no effect on gameplay whatsoever just thought i'd inform you of this, we just rezoned and played on, apparently these deaths didn't actually count towards /deaths so survivor safe i guess.WingsOfExilia 10:49, 8 May 2010 (UTC)
Upon exploring Riven Earth, I thought that the waterfall and the bridge looked vaguely familiar, so I did a quick search and found Multnomah Falls. It may just be coincidence, but it is in the correct part of the U.S. and it looks too similar for coincidence...--184.108.40.206 14:29, 18 September 2011 (UTC)